build off 2 stuff

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow! everyones bikes are super cool!!! some more rat than others....and i never finished:(. But hey, its summer here and im out riding all the time!
two things i have to bring up about the build off are:
1/ i really would love riding pix to be mandatory in a comp like this...surely part of a bike looking right is how it looks (and how the rider looks) when riding it?
im not trying to stur up the poohs and i do think the best bikes won...just trying to make a point....what do u guys all think?

2/ some of the bikes are not rat rod like at all....they are super cool bikes tho...this makes me wonder if we shouldnt have a full on bike build off...less rules and a longer time period maybe?

hey i know im kinda new here.....but its just my opinion...take it or leave it :)

please tell me your opinions

brett

riding shots are great but myself good luck trying to get the wife to shoot me riding a bike and my son would but hes destroyed 2 cameras already :roll:
i think there was a no holds bared build off possibly happening. yeah there were some that were ratty and some pretty but to each there own(if we dont care for them we dont have to vote for them).good to hear youre ridding alot! hopefully ill be able to go for a ride this weekend :mrgreen:

i would say that the ridding shot thing is not an issue. i think all the bikes here were rideable and if someone does not think a bike is just ask the builder to show that it is like i was asked to prove which i think i did. i have over 50 miles now on the ratty truck and the more i ride it the more i like it. once you get on top of second gear she really hums and is quite quick. as for a no holds bar build that would be cool too but i like the amount of time you have to build your bike. i think this time it was around 2 months ya? that is plenty of time and is part of what makes this a build off not just another build.

Your always whinning about riding shots.Let's see a couple of you riding those bikes in your signature! You seem like a large fellow and I think it would make some great photos! Your fans are clamoring for these!WE WANT RIDING PICS! :lol: :lol: :lol:
L8 EM

As for bikes not being ratty enough in the build off, I think the members spoke with their votes and the proper bike won, as it should be. I do however agree with the riding pics, a bike should be rideable and it is cool to see the creations in action, Jesse James is right on that one. Lastly, if there is a no holds barred build off in the works, be advised that I have a secret weapon up my sleeve. :mrgreen: I have a frame builder making me a prototype frame as we speak. Sorry guys can't share anything yet, it's all hush hush, you know for reasons of national security and stuff. :D

xddorox said:
I have a frame builder making me a prototype frame as we speak.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3768

well not what i had in mind when i asked if ya all wanted to do a no holds bared build off. but i guess if you wanted to go the O.C.C way and farm out your build. we will have to set some ground rules.

this idea was spawned because of the welding issues and the stock frame thing with the RRBO2

i think the bike should made by you. anyone could buy a firebike frame dress it up and say look at what i built.

when you didn't really build anything at all. you just took the O.C.C. way out and put together other peoples stuff and called it your own

vanilla_gorilla said:
"to me a bike isnt complete until you get on it and ride it" - Jesse James
yea i know alot of people dont like him but i consider myself to be a long beach kid stuck on the wrong side of my dang country

hey at least he builds his bikes. El Chongo Blanco "vanilla gorilla"
chongo_blanco_01.jpg

Well maybe I won't be making the frame myself, but it is my design and my specs. I don't have the time to learn welding, so I found somebody who could. Build off or no build off, I'm putting this baby together when it gets in my hands and you guys will get to see it. The frame builder is freakin out that I want to paint it with rattle cans, I intend to give it somewhat of a rat look. However, the ultimate goal is to have a cool and very comfortable ride, there is no place for a show Queen in my fleet. :D

Can't wait to see what you come up with Firewalker :mrgreen: It will be worth it just for that!

I am so glad that somebody has brought this up!! :x First as far as the ridin pics go, it really doesn't matter to me. ridin pics are always cool but I would like to trust that people are gonna want to build something they can actually ride.
Since the buildoff I have seen more than a couple of comments about how only a couple of bikes were "true rats". In my opinion, take it for what it is worth, if the bike is built w/ mixed parts, made to look like it has character and is mostly built w/ parts on hand (to me cost is a big factor) then it's a RAT.Doesn't matter if it is a boardtracker, cruiser or even lowrider it's a RAT. To me Rat doesn't mean it has to be cantilever, 26" w/ huge apes to be Rat, although those are really cool. 8) Please keep an open mind, NO RAT PURISTS (oxymoron huh? )Thanks for letting put in my two cents worth :lol:
Harley

Maybe we could have a rule that said "riding pixs would be cool, but are not mandatory". Most cameras have time delay, so anyone can photograph themselves (I did).

I'm up for a no holds barred build off. I haven´t really built anything yet on "Dirty fork", so I could enter. I thought about waiting until a NHBBO, but like a smart man said, "everyday is a build off at RRB"! Besides, if people only built bikes on the build offs, this forum would suck 9 months out of the year. On the other hand, build offs are suuuuuuper-fun.

That said, if we're going to have a NHBBO, hurry! I can´t keep my hands of the angle grinder much longer! "Dirty fork" waits for no one! :)

Hugo

Hugo said:
"everyday is a build off at RRB"! Hugo

I agree.

My thoughts. Leave the rules as is. Chopperbicycle.net is the frame fabrication site. Riding pics optional- who is gonna build/pay for a bike they can't ride? And who cares whether the bike is a TRUE rat or not.

Lastly -No Drama allowed.

I think if someone wants to load up a riding pic, that would be cool, if not that is fine to. To me a rat can be anything, as long as you have a hand in creating and making it your own. The purpose of this site is to bring people together with ideas and fun, for what we love. Lets leave politics out of it, for that is the reason I joined in the first place. I for one am sick of car shows, and everyone's better then you attitude, just for spending more money. At least here I can relax, and everyone has an open mind.

Just to set the record straight, I'm not paying a dime for that frame. It was an exchange of service between me and the builder. If it wasn't for that, it wouldn't happen since I don't have buckets of money to throw at a custom bike frame. You're right Hugo, every day is a build off here. :D

a rat bike can mean a bunch of things. to each their own opinion of what it should or not look like. go to a suede car show and see all the different styles. it would be borring if we all decided on one style and thats it anything else is not "rat". their all rats thats the point there are tons of motorcycles out there that are obviously rat but dont have apes and i dare you to go up to the owner and tell him it is otherwise. :shock:

Latest posts

Back