BUILD OFF 3 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JoeyMac said:
Can I just say that I am excited that in this build-off, there are not one, not two, but THREE different SpaceLiner customs! As my favorite bike, it's great to see what others do with it as their "canvas". Both MikeS and Brigmaster blew my mind with their custom SpaceLiners! Great show boys, long live the 'Liner!
Amen to that brother! I think the spaceliner/flightliner frame style is just awesome. In chrome or painted. I too was stoked to see a plethora(or st least a handful) of 'Liners in the Build-Off.
That being said, I think all the bikes in the buildoff, finished or not, are amazing. Voting will be hard... But everyone should be proud of their various creations. I know I am and can't wait for the next one. So now I'd like to raise my virtual glass for a virtual toast to all those who participated: Cheers. Nice work. Everyone here has something they should be proud of.

I made it. I was so stressed that I wouldn't get it done before I lost my sunlight for photos. I'm going to sleep well tonight.

Schwinnspastic said:
I have to think we are redefineing what is rat some of the bikes are truely show stoppers...."Congrats to all talented builders"
what a great looking group of bikes and going to be hard to pick just one

Actually I disagree.....this hobby is still so new that I think we are DEFINING (at last!) what a rat rod bike is!

Boneshaker said:
Schwinnspastic said:
I have to think we are redefineing what is rat some of the bikes are truely show stoppers...."Congrats to all talented builders"
what a great looking group of bikes and going to be hard to pick just one

Actually I disagree.....this hobby is still so new that I think we are DEFINING (at last!) what a rat rod bike is!
I totally agree with you Boneshaker. We are the pioneers, that will tell the kids in 25 years, we were there when it started.

well, they're all in that are making it in. I have to say that a lot of bikes look quite a bit better than the last photos on their build thread! some of you guys sand bagged pretty hard. :mrgreen: what a kick! I did worry about whether I needed to get mine posted by midnight Eastern time or if it would be open til Pacific time! so I posted with one photo and edited the rest in as I got them done! so if you looked at mine early on in the evening look again I added lots of photos. after getting mine in I sat there and watched the rest roll across the finish line. man, judging is going to be hard! I have several favorites!! my question is are we defining Rat Rod bikes or are we the catch all for several branches of very cool custom bike philosophies. again good luck to all of the entrants.
Scott 8)

37fleetwood said:
... or are we the catch all for several branches of very cool custom bike philosophies...

thats the feeling i get around this place, and i like it :mrgreen:

37fleetwood said:
my question is are we defining Rat Rod bikes or are we the catch all for several branches of very cool custom bike philosophies. again good luck to all of the entrants.
Scott 8)

Well, it does seem to be the catch all.......although I will say that in the first two buildoffs I voted for what I felt was the best "Rat Rod" of the bunch, since it is the Rat Rod Bike Build-Off. Now I just have to figure out which one that is!

Boneshaker said:
Now I just have to figure out which one that is!
If you need help let me know and I'l give you my unbiased opinion which one is best (I'll give you a hint, it starts with a G)
icon_rofl.gif

Scott 8)

me too i can help ya out. again it all boils down to the whole "what is a rat rod" deal. there are so many takes on it that it is what you make of it and thats what the voting will do. to each their own and may the best bike win

Unfortunately it only allows you to set the number of options someone can chose...not the weight of each option.

So everyone picks the top three they like and in the end the poll will determine who is 1st, 2nd and 3rd by vote count.

I think this will work???? :lol:

Rat Rod said:
Unfortunately it only allows you to set the number of options someone can chose...not the weight of each option.

So everyone picks the top three they like and in the end the poll will determine who is 1st, 2nd and 3rd by vote count.

Perfect, I really like that way.

Rat Rod said:

I like it :)

it really would be easier to pick three, and I really don't have a clear favorite anyway there are too many really cool ones out there!
Scott 8)
P.S. A Vote For Godzilla Is A Vote For Change!
04.gif

sorry havent had a chance to post any comments recently........my father in law just passed away sat. morning so i havent really been here much.........i just want to say everyones built some amazing bike and you should all be really proud :mrgreen:
now.......go ride the carp out of them!!

sensor said:
go ride the carp out of them!!
carp = fish, fish = sushi, sushi = Japanese food, Japanese food = Tokyo!!! Godzilla loves carp!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
truly sorry for your loss :cry:
Scott 8)

Latest posts

Back