BUILD OFF #7 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, where has Tooth Feet been?

What an awesome build off!!! Just look at all of those wicked bikes in both the finished and unfinished sections!!! WOW!!

I apologize for a LOT of the silliness that I threw out there this year in the name of fun, but I will not apologize for being a supportive build and Build Off cheerleader and back page bumper.

PEACE BUILD BROTHAS!!!! congRATs to you all!!! It has been an honor building with you!!!

raggedjim said:
Voting was tougher than the build!

Great job by everyone! Rg

I know! It was downright painful!!!

Fisch said:
Reminded me of playing in the sandbox with my friends as a child... only more RUST!

I love this quote for the build off!

I think for BO8, I am going to recreate my old bike in this photo.
I guess I better start saving for membership to the Hair Club For Men!
(and Jenny Craig).

SCREAMER2Bikec-Copy.jpg

Peatbog said:
Oh, so you're in on the Jenny Craig belly-off for next year?

Speaking of which, what happened to all of this year's participates in the Jenny Craig belly-off?

By the way, if you make that next-year's-bike with left side drive, that would be cool!

If you wanna make a muscle bike fixie, then snag one of semi solid core wheels from a Schwinn Exerciser.

MAN! There are SO many cool bikes in the Build-Off! 20 votes per person wouldn't have been enough! You all built some awesome rides!

For those that where unable to enter a bike this year when can we start on one for next year? The build off has given me alot of inspiration! :D

And you have to wait until it starts to sart your build? :cry: We won't be around after 12/21/12 so I guess this was the last build off. Congrats builders! :lol:

nah....thats just right :mrgreen:
but when this is all said and done im gonna change the name and the slide show song to "Dead Last" :lol:
if i get no votes im perfectly fine with that(as a matter of fact id like it too remain that way to prove a point!) :wink:

that these are just for fun and they dont really matter at all.
if youre worrying about who thinks what about your bike or "how many votes am i getting?" that you are in it for all the wrong reasons. will i be in the build off next year even if i stay in "DEAD LAST"? probably...as long as i have a wall hanger and some spare time :wink:
its about fun and building with your peers not what someone else thinks about your stuff....like i said i couldve easily picked a "kool" bike to start with and done a ton of fab work that most couldnt but thats not what these are about(well to me at least...same with all my other stuff...like it,hate it,love it,indifferent,who cares! its mine. for me. not for anyone else. *unless they have enough cash then others opinions matter since i want my CUSTOMERS to be happy :wink: *) but this isnt about posturing. its about fun.
so enjoy some....i know i am :mrgreen:
join the LOSERS CLUB!

On my dream list of "forced voting criteria" I think each finished bike should be put into the back of a truck and driven through a car wash 3 times before taking the finished photos. I want to make sure I am voting for usable bikes and not garage queens.

My bike rode on a trailer in heavy thunderstorms at 70+ miles an hour for at least 200 miles. When I went out to take my finished photos I noticed water dripping from my bike (at least a week after the trip) and realized that water had blown in through the little hole in the end of the grips and gathered in my ape hangers. I have a very small hole in one of my welds and the water was dripping out of that. I had to turn the bike upside down and drain out all the water! Not an easy task with full fenders and 3 foot apes.

Latest posts

Back