BUILD OFF 8 RULES - READ THESE FIRST

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
There's been some talk about Build Off #8 lately and I know many of you are ready to start building. I wanted to give everyone a heads up on what I've decided to do for this year's build off so that you can plan accordingly. In the past there has been some controversy over what's allowed and what isn't, I'm going to try to make things a little easier this year. :lol:

This year we are going to have two different classes that you can choose to enter in...you can only enter one.

"TRADITIONAL" BUILD OFF RULES
1. You can only enter one bike in the build off (can change bikes once if needed)
2. Start a new post and use the bike name as the post "Subject/Title." Keep a running journal in your thread about your build.
3. Must use a factory production frame....no altering of original frame except for grinding off fender/chainguard tabs or shortening seat tube.
4. Bike must not already be built.
5. Must include before, progress, and finished photos (all in one thread please)
6. Bike must be ridable.
7. Use any bolt on parts you like.
8. Paint must be applied by builder, no powder coating...pinstripping by someone else is acceptable.
9. Don't ask a bunch of goofy questions trying to get around the rules...just build a cool bike and have fun.

"ANYTHING GOES" BUILD OFF RULES
1. You can only enter one bike in the build off (can change bikes once if needed)
2. Start a new post and use the bike name as the post "Subject/Title." Keep a running journal in your thread about your build.
3. Bike must not already be built.
4. If you are building a custom frame, frame must be built by the forum member (this includes welding and fabrication).
5. Must include progress and finished photos (all in one thread please)
6. Bike must be ridable.

If the site moderators feel that your bike does not fit into the Traditional build off class you will be notified and your thread will be moved to the Anything Goes build class.

***Please be courteous to others and do not fill their build journals with off-topic posts. If it continues after a moderator warning, your account will be nuked.

This year's build off will begin on MAY 1ST, 2013 and will end on AUGUST 4TH, 2013.

You must post photos of your completed bike in the "FINISHED RRBBO8" forum by 9:00 p.m. CST, August 4, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back