Build Off 9 Highlight Thread

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish254

BUILD COOL BIKES AND HAVE FUN!!
Pro Member
Reaction score
One of my favorite things about Build Off 8 was the Highlight Thread that toeslider started last year. I say let's do it again this year with the same basic concept and rule that you point out the cool things that you see others doing and aren't allowed to toot you own horn about your stuff in this thread. Here is the intro to last years thread: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-build-off-8-highlight-thread.72241/

In this thread I would like to see links to, or pictures of, cool things that people are doing in their build off threads. With so many bikes, if is darn near impossible to follow along with every build, but it would be cool to have one place to call out if someone is really doing something you think is cool or innovative, so others can check it out.
One rule: YOU CAN'T POST DETAILS OF YOUR OWN BUILD HERE! That's what your own personal build thread is for, right? This is for saying "Hey, check out what Joe Schmoe did with this wheel" or, "Hey, did you see what Bubba did to his frame? here's the link..."
Since I am building a bike, there's no way I can follow what everyone else is doing, but it would be nice to check in on a summary thread once a day and see what's really attracting people's attention.​

Check out the cool forks Bean has made up:

He machined the bottom of the Electra fork down to get the bottom crown closer to the tire.

P1010547.jpg

Doubled up the clamps:

P1010550.jpg

Here it is:

P1010557.jpg

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/cyco.83231/

Luke.

DN's bike makes my heart flutter.

I like this highlight thread. Was really helpful last year to keep up with the dozens of cool bikes.

Nickel's Colson is just flipping awesome looking already, and I give props to anyone that has the ability to make their own frames. I wish I had the tools and skills to do something like that.

That tractor tank is genius!

Looks like more than a few steampunk styled builds this year. Google didnt really have alot of references, will be exciting to see what everyone thinks of.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Check it out!
Macncheese is using a Mono-Shock :41:

That's thinkin outside the box!

Check out the crank work that @2dawgs is doing on Artifac
ArtifacCrankSetPdls_zps79e18c4d.jpg

Last edited:
looks like Artifac should get a re-purposing award. Good stuff.

quote="LukeTheJoker, post: 810841, member: 16705"]
0405-195238_zps7930a397.jpg

Very cool look, and totally suits the "Fastback" title.

Luke.[/quote]
Also, another bar added to the frame, and what really got me, electric mototered.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back