BUILD OFF DISCUSSION AREA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the rule of "who can ride it" has been brought up before like say if u were going to build a kid's bike. and yea that is fine but i think u should also rule that if u ask too many questions about the rules then you are OUT. and ya gotta be creative with rules anyways like the famous smoky yunick (i totally messed up his last name someone correct me) he would read the rules then read in between the rules. like you are conserned about does it matter who rides it well NO it does not say YOU have to ride it. a note it also does not say how FAR the bike has to be ridden to be deemed rideable. all i can think of reading all these "well is this legal" posts is of someone releasing a rehabed wild animal into the wild where it belongs and it wont leave. everyone has been wanting this for a long time it is an outlaw build off i am just out of gas right now to do one. i do have a few ideas though :mrgreen:

Well this will be fun . I need to start drinking where I can move a little past traditional thinking....like way past. They say if you eat the worm in a bottle of mescal you will see God. Wonder If that might get me some direction?

Easy there, big fella. :lol:
Rat Rod said:
As long as it turns into a bike and you can ride it....build away. :mrgreen:
One question.
Rat Rod said:
Just build a flippin' bike. :lol:
Answered. 8)

Uncle Stretch said:
Well this will be fun . I need to start drinking where I can move a little past traditional thinking....like way past. They say if you eat the worm in a bottle of mescal you will see God. Wonder If that might get me some direction?

The worm can indeed be inspirational. :shock: :lol:

I am seriously thinking about this one... I've got about 4 parts bikes littering my shop, and the wife is nagging... so it's time to build something!

Good thing is one bike is a full suspension MTB, which I can use the rear triangle off of. It's the kind with the BB connected to the rear suspension, most aren't. There's gotta be something cool I can do with that. I love chains, gears, and sprockets, I've always wanted to do a bike with a crazy Rube Goldberg (the original Goldberg) drivetrain.... this might be the one!

LET"S VOTE!
I will be offering a few prizes! It will be a rat bag of goodies (stuff I can't use....lol). But cool stuff!
OR
We can donate something in name of the winner for Christmas!! Everyone throw alittle something out there....toys....money...food and give it to someone in need. It'll be a charity case build off!

deorman said:
Easy there, big fella. :lol:
Rat Rod said:
One question.
Rat Rod said:
Just build a flippin' bike. :lol:
Answered. 8)

Ha Ha...sorry, you just have to receive all of the "can I do this?" emails for the past 4 years to understand my response.

My response was actually supposed to be humorous. :wink:

And since it's anything goes....nobody said that you have to build a frame from scratch or weld anything for that matter.

Just build cool bikes! :D

Rat Rod said:
necessaryevil said:
One question, can we build a frame from something other than metal?

Awesome, I've always wanted to build a frame from PVC pipe, what better time than now :D Will it work, or will I end up eating blacktop? I guess we'll find out :lol:
Being that the build off is over Dec. 7th, I think a Pearl Harbor memorial bike would be cool. If you're up to the challenge, I'd love to see it happen.

necessaryevil said:
Rat Rod said:
necessaryevil said:
One question, can we build a frame from something other than metal?

Awesome, I've always wanted to build a frame from PVC pipe, what better time than now :D Will it work, or will I end up eating blacktop? I guess we'll find out :lol:
Being that the build off is over Dec. 7th, I think a Pearl Harbor memorial bike would be cool. If you're up to the challenge, I'd love to see it happen.

oooo how about copper pipe. some thick wall. sweated together. twin top tubes. hmmmmm ..... I couldn't ride it, but Boy could. :idea:

I thought about that, but copper piping gets pricey for 3/4" and bigger diameters. It sure would be neat though, keep it bare copper and let it patina. 8)

I'm in for this one........hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew! Just wanted to get involved in a build. This will be fun! There are some really talented guys here!

Latest posts

Back