Builders choice AWARD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I was contemplating starting a builders choice voting thread or both . Not sure how to set up a voting both thought. A thread is obviously no problem. This would consist of just this years builders. As long as you were part of this years build off # 12 . You wouldn't have necessarily had to finish your bike but you would have had to started one . Then you would get 1 vote . You could vote for your favorite bike . The bike that you wish you had in your collection.
The builder with the most votes wins some type of prize . Or multiple prizes if you would want to contribute to the prize pool .
This is just an idea what do you think ? Yes or No ? If yes then if someone knows how to set up a voting booth that would be great .
I will supply the first prize .
Oya no voting for your self[emoji6]
Thanks. Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ive always thought that it would be interesting to either do the voting this way and give each builder two votes. That way if they feel the need to vote for their own they can and also have another. I love the idea.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

I agree with karfer, I think a builders only vote would be cool.
I think I set up a poll once when I first joined the site, but my memory is swiss cheese.

I agree with karfer, I think a builders only vote would be cool.
I think I set up a poll once when I first joined the site, but my memory is swiss cheese.

Check it out , or if you know how to set one up that would be great . I have know idea how to & my computer skills are not good .

I'd vote in a Builder's Only voting booth. I like the 2 votes rule, cuz if you don't like your own build enough to vote for it, why enter it?

My personal preference would be to add 'All builds in the Finished Build thread must include a ride video'. We all have phones with recording capability. It doesn't have to be long, 30 seconds would do. And if you don't have a person to shoot it, affix it to a stationery object and ride by it. I've done that with most of my vids. Easy download to youtube.com and viola' ! Ride vid!

These builds are artistic and creative, but ultimately they are bicycles; machines that should function and be able to be ridden.
I'm not directly saying I doubt the ride-ability of some of these bikes, but I'd like to be convinced otherwise. Just sayin'....

Check it out , or if you know how to set one up that would be great . I have know idea how to & my computer skills are not good .

I don't know how to do it from Tapatalk, since the format has changed I don't like Tapatalk much anyway.

But from my phone's browser it's in the create new thread tab, towards the bottom. I'm at work now, I'll dig deeper a bit later.

I'd vote in a Builder's Only voting booth. I like the 2 votes rule, cuz if you don't like your own build enough to vote for it, why enter it?

My personal preference would be to add 'All builds in the Finished Build thread must include a ride video'. We all have phones with recording capability. It doesn't have to be long, 30 seconds would do. And if you don't have a person to shoot it, affix it to a stationery object and ride by it. I've done that with most of my vids. Easy download to youtube.com and viola' ! Ride vid!

These builds are artistic and creative, but ultimately they are bicycles; machines that should function and be able to be ridden.
I'm not directly saying I doubt the ride-ability of some of these bikes, but I'd like to be convinced otherwise. Just sayin'....
Yep i agree about the rideability deal. Thats why in almost all of my builds you will see me bring the new bike out on a second sat ride and beat on it in front of everyone.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back