Building a bike for my girl, which one poll

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my girl is turning 30 :( just kidding. Anyway, its between these two and I cant decide. Color of these pics means nothing, I am talking strictly design here.....

The first is a colson clipper. If I do a colson it will not have the cool fork, it seems impossible and $$ to find.
7272327_1_l.jpg

The other is a elgin.
100310_biellarssm.jpg

So whats everyone think? Its a surprise, so if I could get some womanly advice mixed in with all you grease monkeys that would be cool. The first 21 votes will decide it.

Has she hinted toward one or the other? Is this a surprise gift?
My girl's got like 3 bikes, She seem to like the Monark Super the best, but says she wants skirts, the string style like the earlier Elgins.
So I'd push towards the Elgin.

I showed her the monark super and it was shot down. It was between these two, but she basically told me to choose.

BOTH nice! But really no comparison...Colson takes it hands down! Take the skirts off the Elgin and put them on the Colson.

A classy lady deserves a Classy Colson. Good luck, no matter your choice.

Some say a bike should be an extension of the owner/rider. The Colson looks chunky, heavy and slow. The Elgin looks sleek, light and quick. Pick the one that best matches your girl, so she can be "as one" with her bike.

Rooski said:
Some say a bike should be an extension of the owner/rider. The Colson looks chunky, heavy and slow. The Elgin looks sleek, light and quick. Pick the one that best matches your girl, so she can be "as one" with her bike.
Ha! If she read this and then I picked the colson she would cry :lol:
6-2 Colson.

I wonder if those skirt guards would fit on the Colson......any idea?

I think it really depends on the donor bike...if you can get a solid Colson in your budget, go for it but...since the Elgin is a little less "collectable" = $$$ you may find that there are more original paint Elgins available and in better condition for the money if she is into the "patina" original bikes have...again, depends on her likes and the donor bike...

I'm with Rooski an pick the Elgin for its streamlined look looks like the frame is a little longer and would suit a modern age person better.

Either way i am going to have to source the parts and then paint them, so a patina look is out. Especially for the colson, the bike in the photo is probably worth a grand to someone....not me!

Latest posts

Back