Butterscotch Update 8/24

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spear-A-Mint

chimichanga said:
Worked on my bike today.

IMG_2669.jpg

]

Making a bike for a Rat Rod build off...0-$500

Making a Bicycle tank out of wood.......$8.00

Using "power tools" while standing on one leg...........PRICELESS!

sensor said:
that wood tank looks great(fits good too) :mrgreen:
I agree! Can't wait to see how you finish it! Was gonna do the same thing but might have to try something in metal..... :idea: Watch your toes! :lol:
L8 EM

That was the one part of my RBBO2 bike I regret not being able to finish, couldn't perfect steam bending the wood trim for the border(woody-car style), although came away with a good approach next time.

Can't wait to see where you're going with yours.

IMG_0416.jpg

socal_jack said:
That was the one part of my RBBO2 bike I regret not being able to finish, couldn't perfect steam bending the wood trim for the border(woody-car style), although came away with a good approach next time.

Can't wait to see where you're going with yours.

IMG_0416.jpg
I am going to do a woody eventually but not for this project. This is actually gonna be painted

chimichanga said:
also does anyone have a seatpost for a hiawatha?
I got one.....but I kinda need it! So you can't have it! :p :p :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
L8 EM

Re: Butterscotch

TheFlyingDingo said:
Still no luck on the bloody forks...
Im trying today, after a nap...Last day of exams killed me
No sweat man. I have no access to the internet at home because a semi drove down the alley and ripped our phone line. I hate DSL! :mrgreen: Only thing i have is my blackberry and my work connection.

chimichanga said:
Bought some parts over the weekend.Too bad the fork is a bit too short
IMG_2705.jpg

IMG_2706.jpg

IMG_2715.jpg

I reckon you might be able to remove enough spare material to fit those forks using frame facing tools, up to 3mm off the top of the head-tube, 3mm off the bottom and plenty from under the crown race, there's definitely enough material there.

MadMick said:
chimichanga said:
Bought some parts over the weekend.Too bad the fork is a bit too short
IMG_2705.jpg

IMG_2706.jpg

IMG_2715.jpg

I reckon you might be able to remove enough spare material to fit those forks using frame facing tools, up to 3mm off the top of the head-tube, 3mm off the bottom and plenty from under the crown race, there's definitely enough material there.
I am not really familiar with frame facing tools. What are they?

Re: Butterscotch

Sorry for the late reply, frame facing tools are standard equipment in quality bike shops and frame builders workshops, they're machining tools which are used to prepare frames to accept parts after they've been painted. They remove paint from areas like the head-tube and BB shell but more importantly they ensure that the frame bearing surfaces are parallel and that the threads are straight and free of swarf or excess braze. Head and BB tubes often deform during the frame building process so it's important that they're faced before assembly to prevent premature bearing wear. Looking at your fork, there is plenty of material under the crown race, a crown race facing tool can remove that material, in effect making the steerer longer, and give you more available thread at the headset end.

Latest posts

Back