Butterscotch Update 8/24

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Butterscotch

cut the head tube on forks, weld/put spacer in there, make sure the little hole that holds the washer that has the notch in it faces backwards - bikes look TOUGH - frame is awesome - lookin' cool, T. You could weld it when you have the hole on back lower bar welded.

chunk_01.jpg

Re: Butterscotch Update 7/12

You'll also need, some good ole "American" Bondo. Or as they say in Canada "Bon-Deau".

Re: Butterscotch Update 7/16

frontend looks much better now.

as far as seat post goes- i flipped mine over and used the wider end of it to mount a seat to it. worked just fine.

what size is the seatpost? if its 5/8" any schwinn clamp from the 50's or 60's will work without a problem(dont know about the nanner seats but the mesinger and troxel do) hope this helps

sensor said:
what size is the seatpost? if its 5/8" any schwinn clamp from the 50's or 60's will work without a problem(dont know about the nanner seats but the mesinger and troxel do) hope this helps
I think it is a 5/8 post. Where can i get a schwinn clamp from? I have been trying to look for some a while back and had no luck. :(

sorry it took so long to get back to you on this(i blanked it :oops: )
but heres one(the blk/wht seat should have what you need)
heres the link.......
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8451&start=15
most of those seats that were on schwinns then had 5/8" clamps
i had to cannibalize one from one of my old seats for my elgin (also 5/8" post)

cmon chimi, get this thing rollin already, i wanna see some butterscotch !!! :mrgreen:

Spear a Mint... Butterscotch... lets get a look at this piece of eye candy!!
Godzilla has a sweet tooth :mrgreen:
Scott

Latest posts

Back