"C.R.E.A.M."

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finally got a cruiser for myself that Ill be building, picked it up yesterday. It's a 26" Murray
ccaed77d.jpg

Cool front lights.
6567269b.jpg

For this bike I will be doing an old hot rod theme. The frame and fenders, pretty much everything on the bike will be painted the Rustoleum color "Antique White", a creamy off white color, hence the name (also inspired by an old Wu-Tang song). The spokes and rims will be painted a gloss red and I am hoping to find some all white tires for it that arent too expensive...
Then I will have my buddys dad who is a painter be painting "C.R.E.A.M" in old school letters on the chaingaurd along with an old pinup style picture of Marilyn Monroe with a bomb on either the tank or rear rack. The rest will either be small accents of chrome or a brushed metal look.
Im gonna try to find some old faded grungy looking dice to make drill out for the valve stem covers, and may be replacing the front lights with either led or one solid one, depending on how easy repair of the casing is because it is cracked. Original seat will get reupholstered with the same cream color as the body, and I will probably be stitching out of the same material some grips as well.

So far got the frame stripped down

67761197.jpg

Well its been forever since I updated this but the bike is very close to being done, especially now that I got the Fat Franks for it which look perfect with the frame.
2da0992c.jpg

I don't know if you've started painting the frame yet, if you haven't, BE CAREFUL the tubes ends inside the bottom bracket and head tube are sharp! I just finished the frame for the Auction Rat this weekend, it's a Murray frame too. It did a number on my finger tips. OUCH!

Can't wait to see your bike.

Cheers!
Dr. T

Thanks for the compliments guys. That track chain is sick. Im gonna look into it

I think the gooseneck I have on there right now is gonna look to high for the sleek look im going for even with the upside down bars. I might try to bend it down or something, and im working on making the sit back seat post right now.

I wouldn't bother trying to reshape that stem, they're marginal at best to begin with. It definitely doesn't look as good as the rest of the bike. Maybe you can find an old 10-spd stem in the swap meet forum.

wear this shirt while riding your bike :lol:
gold-wu-cream-ebay.gif

sweet ride. 8)

criminyjicket said:
Sweet ride!

What did you wind up doing with your tank? That thing was smoking...
Thanks bro.
It is getting painted with a shark face theme from the old WW2 bombers, with the same cream color background as the rest of the bike, just working on some custom LED's for the lights, original look, modern tech

Latest posts

Back