Cali Girl just got a bike today! =)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dirtydoll250 said:
. . . and I want to do it all myself (maybe some adult supervision will be required) :lol:

Hello D-Doll and welcome from Sacramento!
I think You do have a great starting point for your project and I glat to hear that you want to build it yourself. My daughter wants to build a burrito and she wants to have a big part in the build, including learning how to mig. I hope to get the fun started with her after school is out.
BTW, keep the second Saturday open so you can make it to Sac. and ride with us! :wink:

Thanks, yeah I fortunate too that I work at t dirt bike shop where they also do kustom work on whatever. :)
So yesterday I started to clean all the rust off the metal...she's looking good!

That's really cool your daughter wants to weld, I've always wanted to learn how to do that.
And I actually do go to Sac a lot to get tattooed...got myslef an appt. this Thursday actually.

Take care.

Sweet bike, welcome to the kustom klub. :wink:

Is that a bullet valve cap in the rear? Something shiny, it caught my eye. :D Very nice bike indeed.

Hey Ya found it ....cool I'm glad your here, as far as the ride in Sac me and my daughter&son are going it will be a kick....I talked to Dave at the bike shop he said you came by. Sounds like the wheels are missmatched anyways I probably have an extra something laying around to remedy the situation....let me know..Jim

Gold Street Customs said:
Hey Ya found it ....cool I'm glad your here, as far as the ride in Sac me and my daughter&son are going it will be a kick....I talked to Dave at the bike shop he said you came by. Sounds like the wheels are missmatched anyways I probably have an extra something laying around to remedy the situation....let me know..Jim

Oh great! Thanks for the hook up on the site.
Actually and thank you too for turning me onto all this :D
Yeah he said I cant get white walls for both tires, there HAS to be some out there? :?

Hey that's a really cool bike!

We are working on almost the same bike: ladies 40-something Schwinn DX.

Ours was blue too, but kind of purple originally. Has the small chainguard like a mens straightbar frame, not the big one like a PHantom.

I don't have an exact date because its just before the 1948 date cutoff... but I guess 1947.

It's post war, with the kickstand welded on. It's skiptooth, so not much later than 1950.

0517092339.jpg

The serial number on ours is C 01030, found on the bottom of the crank housing. In 1952, they moved the serial number to the left rear of the frame, and that serial number is repeated, but this is an earlier bike. We just sandblasted it, as you can see here. Now it's primed, trying to decide what color to paint it. LEaning towards red and white.

Look on the bottom of yours for a number similar to that and post it here.

Cool bike!

--Rob (NLCTVWguy posting incognito....)

Dude whats up? Nice bike. Cool to see another chick on the site. Cant wait to see what you do with the whip!

OH! GF!! My bad! You're there...Sorry! :oops: Hey any pics of you "In action" on the track/trail? Dirt flyin' Rooster tails...Jumps...? Let's see 'em! :mrgreen:

bikeriderx said:
OH! GF!! My bad! You're there...Sorry! :oops: Hey any pics of you "In action" on the track/trail? Dirt flyin' Rooster tails...Jumps...? Let's see 'em! :mrgreen:

Unfortuantly No. =(
Whenever I go ride I ride with guys an they usually aren't into stopping and taking a picture...
I do have one of me at the dunes (Glamis) from two years ago....even then I had to ask some random person to take a pic. :oops:
Copyofmypictures096.jpg

And this is the next year at Glamis after we mobbed thru the dunes and popped out at Oldsmobile hill...
mypictures237.jpg

rock on never been there always hear about it. been to half moon bay a few times though

Cool! Are you into MX too? Have you heard of Red Bud TNT? That's not far from where I live...btw...what do you do at the bike shop? I worked at a Honda shop for about 5 years and have ridden Honda road bikes for about 20 years...

bikeriderx said:
Cool! Are you into MX too? Have you heard of Red Bud TNT? That's not far from where I live...btw...what do you do at the bike shop? I worked at a Honda shop for about 5 years and have ridden Honda road bikes for about 20 years...

I don't race or anything but I prefer track riding to trail riding. I like to go off sweet jumps! :mrgreen:
Oh I work at a really cool mom and pop kustom bike shop. I sling parts, answer phones, talk moto with guys. 8)
Yeah Im a Kawi girl, my drz is my first non Kawi bike...Ive only been riding for 4 years but I LOVE it! :D

Red Bud, isn't there one of the stops on the pro circuit?
Isn't that were Mike Alessi got in the narley wreck?

You picked a great time to get into this - there is an overabundance of girl's bikes available right now. I always figured I would have one girl's bike - guess what? Now I've got 6 girl's bikes and 5 boy's and the girl's bikes all have something about them that I really like - springer, tank, rack, built in fender light, etc.. I bought the girl's Monark Super Deluxe from rusty513 at what I considered a very reasonable price. It has very good original paint & chrome - only thing missing is the tank. Nicest bike I have to date - thank you rusty513! So, if you like girl's bikes there many treasures to be found. Good luck hunting and have fun!

dirtydoll250 said:
Red Bud, isn't there one of the stops on the pro circuit?
Isn't that were Mike Alessi got in the narley wreck?

Yup! It's where the AMA Nationals are held. It's a blast! :mrgreen:

Road Master said:
You picked a great time to get into this - there is an overabundance of girl's bikes available right now. I always figured I would have one girl's bike - guess what? Now I've got 6 girl's bikes and 5 boy's and the girl's bikes all have something about them that I really like - springer, tank, rack, built in fender light, etc..

Here's a few of mine:

A nice late 50's Murray
IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

A pre-war (1935?) H.P. Snyder built:
IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

And finally this clunker:
IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

But enough about me! How's your build coming along?

Latest posts

Back