Calling All BMX Experts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pick up this Intense pro XL for almost nothing off CL the other day. Not being big into bmx bikes but seing a good blank canvas to start with I thought with a little in site from other RRB members I could build myself a sweet little bmx out of it. I want to use good parts but don't want to buy a new truck worth of pasrts either. Please help a brother out with some knowledge and if you have any quality part your looking to unload let me know all I have to start is the frame and the odessy jr. seatpost that came with it so I will need everything else. I want to end up with a nice quality bike for myself. Thanks in advance.

Looks like a good start! First step will be checking if you have 10mm or 14mm dropouts, that will determine the wheels/hubs you need... I wish you were in Australia, I have some good stuff in my bike pile...

Luke.

Nice score.!!!
I would check out the bmxmuseum.com and checkout the for sale section and you can find all sorts of good deals for your new project.. Good luck with your first bmx build, can't wait to see how it comes out all done..

I do not think they make a BMX that is big enough for my large butt I was thinking more of building it so when one of my daughters gives me a grandchild I would have BMX (vintage by that time) for them to ride. And yes I do tend to think way ahead. LOL

I'm not familiar with this particular model but I know Intense makes some cool race frames available from Danscomp.com that range from $200-$300. Might pay to Ebay it.

Ride it like you stole it! I just sold my Intense frame and went back to Chro-moly!

2014-02-22125517.jpg

Yeah since it is an expert your gonna have to run 1.75 tires and smaller.The toptube is probably around 19 inches,so your future grandchild will be stoked!!haha

Latest posts

Back