Can a Girls bike win the build off?????

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not that I'm entering the build off to win, it's just fun. But I'm thinking about using a girls frame, and I'm not sure anyone can win with a girls frame. What's you opinions?

I thought the same thing, but after the response I got from asking if a cantilever frame could win or a bike without a tank, I decided to quit asking these things.

I wasn't asking and you aren't asking because our only motivation is to win, but just thinking "could it happen" and my belief is, no.

I bet a really cool girl's bike could be built, maybe a few of them, but based on how the winner is chosen, I'd say that cool bike (like so many others) would not take the trophy.

My opinion is that a bike built on a girls' frame COULD win, but it's unlikely. I think it'd have to be the RIGHT girls' frame (there's a kid's bike that GIANT makes that comes to mind), would have to include some serious bolt-on modifications (maybe half of another frame), and would really have to be finished out in a great style... but it COULD happen. I don't expect to see it, though.

I knew I never stood a chance when I put this one together in a previous build-off but I had a blast building it and it even managed to get some votes. One funny thing came out of this build, I named it Victoria and since then I have found out that a lot of people now call this kind of bike Victoria! Nice bonus if you ask me. Just enjoy yourself while building what you want.

VictoCity.jpg

xddorox said:
I knew I never stood a chance when I put this one together in a previous build-off but I had a blast building it and it even managed to get some votes. One funny thing came out of this build, I named it Victoria and since then I have found out that a lot of people now call this kind of bike Victoria! Nice bonus if you ask me. Just enjoy yourself while building what you want.

Well said, and sweet looking bike.

YES ...But not very likely...
Not if you end up building a just girlsversion of a hotrodbike as if it were a boysbike like so many builders have done before. ...But yes, I think it can be done by some genius bikebuilder with extraordinary styling vision and the skills to pull it off. And those people are around on this forum. Lot's of them. I've voted for girlsbikes in the past because of the amazing transformation they went through, the creativity and the originality of the modifications within the boundaries of the build-off rules, and the overall hotrod-vibe they ended up with. The biggest surprise the better.

Out of four bikes I've build, two of them had girlsframes. Just because I didn't had anything else to work with. I've entered just one build-off with a girlsbike and It too got a few votes.

Don't focus on the limitation of a frame, just try to build off of those different lines. I know I'm not the only one around here that likes to be surprised.

Make the most of what you've got in the build-off and build like you want to win it!

HotRodJen said:
i did a girls bike in the last one and i had a blast doing it , i think i was # 8 or 6 or something which i was very pleased with ..shocked actually , being a girl and having plenty of girls bikes to build ill work with what i have. so i say go for it

Okay, I may be able to visualize a girls' bike winning the build-off, but a GIRL winning? C'mon! :wink: :lol: :wink:

I used a girls frame last time but I built it for the wife. This year I will tackle one of the boys bikes that I have for me. But also slapping together multispeed cruiser for the wife so she can keep up with mine.

For me, it's not about winning, but it would nice.. :wink: :wink: say no more..
Can't wait to see the builds start, I'm thinking this year's entries will take it to another level. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.
skillsthebarber said:
Not that I'm entering the build off to win, it's just fun. But I'm thinking about using a girls frame, and I'm not sure anyone can win with a girls frame. What's you opinions?

Cheers,
Dr. T

i think its possible, but if i was torn between voting for a guys frame and a girls frame that i liked equally and had to pick one ... id vote for the guys frame.

HotRodJen said:
i did a girls bike in the last one and i had a blast doing it , i think i was # 8 or 6 or something which i was very pleased with ..shocked actually , being a girl and having plenty of girls bikes to build ill work with what i have. so i say go for it
the salt shaker was in my top 3 last time 8)

pickle said:
HotRodJen said:
the salt shaker was in my top 3 last time 8)
thank you !!!!!! :)

I think anything is possible, it's not what you start with it's what you end up with that matters. I have seen some sweet girl's bikes. As a matter of fact I'm working on a few right now. :mrgreen:

My take is that a girl’s bike absolutely could win. Just look at some of the designs on this forum that come out of nowhere and blow you away. I’m constantly amazed and delighted by some of the creations members come up with. :D

PS: does Fireproof's girl's bike count?

Latest posts

Back