Can I get a couple of opinions on the Jamis earth cruiser?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That cleaned up nice! it's set to go. Usually you don't get original paint that good.
I had one, no wheels with it. I made mine BMX style. It looks very similar to your frame, same stem and handlebars. I added the SM bars, and 3 piece crank conversion..
70333_3aa3c8427bd396e10a98f93d1027952c.jpg

"THE TAXI"...DIG IT! Now I have a theme to run on. :113:
It had the rainbow stickers on the frame as well, but I removed em...I prefer frames to look really clean. I do like the stickers on the forks though...go figure.

Thx wildcat. I still have the rear wheel to de-rust-ify...the front wheel turned out beeyootiful. Gonna re-grease the cranks, maybe put a set of Schwinn cranks on there. Ill post some pics when the rear wheel is done. I dig the bmx style, but these bars are soo nice, I cant bring myself to take them off. Some new pedals, got my grips on the way...I also have a set of Shimano 600 3 piece cranks, but I think I'm gonna put those on my 62 Typhoon straightbar.

Thx wildcat. I still have the rear wheel to de-rust-ify...the front wheel turned out beeyootiful. Gonna re-grease the cranks, maybe put a set of Schwinn cranks on there. Ill post some pics when the rear wheel is done. I dig the bmx style, but these bars are soo nice, I cant bring myself to take them off. Some new pedals, got my grips on the way...I also have a set of Shimano 600 3 piece cranks, but I think I'm gonna put those on my 62 Typhoon straightbar.
I only added those parts because I didn't have original Earth Cruiser parts. Just a suggestion, but I'd keep your bike all original. The tires look original too, but I think they might be too old age wise to depend on unless they were still like new somehow. The best 80's or 90's bike I've found was a Dyno that was missing it's seat and handlebars. It was in new condition, just dirty and had dryrotted tires from sitting in a junkpile outdoors. The tires still had the nubs from being unused. Coincidence, it was the Taxi version. I put new tires and new parts from Electra to get it close to original and it cleaned up nicely. But then I modified it later with custom wheels and fat tires. So anyway you fix up your bike is fine. It'd be great to find another 80's or 90's cruiser.
50406_22b0910a03a582852a4460becac565e5.jpg

I kept the original handlebars off my Earth Cruiser when I put the BMX bars on. I'm using them today on my daily rider, Chrome Molly:
Molly1.JPG

dig em both...especially the chrome one. As far as keeping mine original, it will be for the most part, except for the cranks and pedals. I took the foam off the bars cuz I didn't like it, and the grips were junk. So I have new grips on the way, and the cranks are coming off my 62 typhoon.

Thot about the white grips...still might. As far as the white diamond pleated manner seat...do you know where I can find one?

Thot about the white grips...still might. As far as the white diamond pleated manner seat...do you know where I can find one?
Not in a diamond pattern. If you find one I'd be interested too. I've got one of the generic ones from Amazon on this year's RRBBO bike. Wish it was diamond because that would be stellar with the white Vans grips that Cult makes

I know it sounds crazy, but Ive never liked red and yellow together. I think it has something to do w my profession. Im a sign painter/pinstriper and that color combo reminds me of the old shady used car lot signs on Harbor Blvd back in the day...

The grips I have coming are the old school A'mE grips. Black. Im just gonna keep it simple and keep black as the 3rd color. Prolly put some black bear traps on there.

Latest posts

Back