Can't Wait! AH! Now With Paint!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uncle Stretch said:
I'm thinking cream tires like the back or white tires like the front
Life offers so many choices. :lol: :lol:
DSCF0001_zpsb217c87e.jpg
I say the cream looks more at home with that bike...

Yeah I did settle on the cream fat franks. They go better with the color. My wife
likes them too and she is in charge of what I eat. :lol: :lol: :lol:
The fluorescent lights make it look a little more blue than the real kinda aqua color.
DSCF0003_zpsbef212c5.jpg

every time you build a bike I'm like, "that's my favorite one of yours yet". It's getting old saying that. But it's true. That is a beauty.

Thanks everybody. I'm surprised that tires would make that much difference in the way
a bike looks. I'm not a blue person , but this color has grown on me. Its not what I normally
what I paint a bike. I have a few things left to do, and maybe I can finish it today. :wink:

I'm thinking white against the cream tires would look worse. I'm trying to find a cream
seat and grips.
The bars are a little short, so till I get that worked out I'm not installing the shifter.
I rode it this morning and with the exception of the bars being a little short , it rides sweet.

OUCH!
DSCF0011_zps38e6bf7f.jpg

DSCF0003_zpsbe3202ae.jpg

DSCF0002_zps269a981f.jpg

DSCF0015_zps6e38f7d8.jpg

Actually not and it really didn't do much. A quick touchup and I'm back in business.
Wasn't much sense in raising my blood pressure over that.
Kinda like a tornado...you hate to see it happen , but there isn't a dang thing
you can do about it. :lol:

Built some comfy bars. Was going to paint them silver. Decided to paint them the color of the
frame. Then the stem looked too silver ...painted it too...then the bearing cups and nut stood out.
So all that is blue now. Its different.
DSCF0002_zps3dfc5d58.jpg

DSCF0001_zps3fef6a27.jpg

Double click . Two video cameras and my wife's cell phone and we finally got something you can see. :oops:

Thanks Wimpy I'm glad you like it. Has been fun.
Dr T I saw that one last night. Its a shame I didn't need it when the big
Electra sale was on. I bet they had it for $15. ha ha. Thanks for the kudos on the build.
Now she wants the yellow one painted this color. Would be easier to swap her for her bike.

Finally found some bars that looked and felt good. The were a little short, but I did the
add 4'' under the grips and they feel lots better.
DSCF0009_zpse6f989ec.jpg

DSCF0010_zpsfa9c6967.jpg

DSCF0011_zps7044ea93.jpg

Bravo! Uncle Stretch I've been holding off on peeking at the post so I could take it all in at one time. (not easy) :roll: and I have to say that is my favorite :D 8) ! I love the color, straght bar frame and the whole works! The bars are perfect! Nice ! :D Tom

Thanks Tom. I think this will become my signature frame style. Its like some a little, but
really my own design. The color is a little away from what I would normally do, but I took a chance
on it looking decent and I'm pleased with the way its turned out. Hopefully I can snake the shifter
cable through the frame now that I have decided on the bars. Its funny on my test tube with
this paint color, I sprayed a metallic red that is pretty thin on and it came out a dark red like
a black bing. I have to do the next one in that color.

Latest posts

Back