captain americruiser...rideable!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started a thread over on CABE about whether anyone has over built a bike based on a theme. As a little background to that thread, my son is a big comic book fan. One day I asked him what theme he'd like to have in a bike. We discussed all sorts of themes. When we got to the discussing the tandem bike I have, the conversation went like this.....

Me: What about the tandem?
Him: Oh, there's only one option.
Me: Of course.
Both of us: (simultaneously) The Wonder Twins

I don't know when I'll get around to it but the tandem will be Wonder Twins themed. The frame will be light purple with dark purple at all the junction points; head tube, bottom bracket, rear dropouts, and top of the seat tube. The forks will be light purple with dark purple darts. The fenders will either be chrome or dark purple with light purple darts and striping. Shifter and brake cables will be dark purple if I can get them. I've got a set of dual head light that will fit nicely. There's not much to the Wonder Twins. I need to find a Gleek figure to mound on the front fender.

I'm looking forward to the Captain America bike.

Last edited:
nice grips! I think I am going to use some nos clear glitter with some red white and blue streamers.

WOW! Those turned out great. Both the metalworking and the paint look perfect!

thx guys. ive only finished one so far. alot of tedious, close-up work.
the steel was 20 bucks for an 24' by 10 foot sheet at a big box store. the coraplast I would have had to special order and would have probly cost double that.

I saw these at Walmart last night and one of the patterns is a Captain America shield.

Great work!! YA know I'm watching.
y4aqa2un.jpg
GET TA Buildin'!! PEACE

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

just a partial mock-up. still have to make 2 more shields, finish tank, finish chain-ring and guard, figure out how to attach both sides of the shields to each other on the rims.
getting there, im happy with the results so far! takes forever to do the scales on the frame:eek:

I gotta say I was expecting something a bit more subtle. The scales is a really cool touch. I'd like to see how you did that.

Latest posts

Back