Car Troubles!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i recently re-did both fenders and the hood on my truck. si painted some that i bought and replaced the worn dented ones, and while i was at it, painted the hood. in the process of swapping my passenger side fender, i had to take out the battery. so when all was said and done, i put the batter back in. but as soon as i hooked it up, the markers, taillights, all the interior lights, and that little buzzer that says "your door is open but the key is still in the ignition" go on and off constantly for a minute, then off a minute, and repeat. i dont know what the heck it is, but can someone help me?!?!? its so annoying to have to unhook my battery every time i want to park somewhere. :roll: i do believe i took the negative off first, but even after un-hooking it again, and hooking it up right for sure, it still does it. i even cleaned the terminals. :cry:

some were when you were replacing you're fenders you could pinch a cable and it could be making grownd or it is strip , so you have to look back at the cables that go throu the fenders and make shure that they are all ok.

could it be some sort of alarm feature? I had a Sebring that would do something similar, Had to put the key in the door and unlock it disarming the alarm.

outskirtscustoms said:
could it be some sort of alarm feature? I had a Sebring that would do something similar, Had to put the key in the door and unlock it disarming the alarm.
ohh! so lock my door, and unlock it? ill go do that now. :)

rico said:
some were when you were replacing you're fenders you could pinch a cable and it could be making grownd or it is strip , so you have to look back at the cables that go throu the fenders and make shure that they are all ok.
before i tightened down all the bolts, i did check for any pinched wires, nothing wrong or out of place. :wink:

What year truck?

If it has a computer...it needs to be reset

(maybe it has a virus) heh

ahh i got it! one problem with the door thing: i have manual doors. locks, windows, mirrors; so that didnt work. BUT, me and my cousin were scoping it out, and i found the wires that were hooked up to the alarm horn, traced it back to a box under the dash, with a little button. push that button, and its off. WOOT! :mrgreen:
MagicRat said:
What year truck?

If it has a computer...it needs to be reset

(maybe it has a virus) heh
thats pretty much what it did im guessing. oh and its a '95 s-10

thanks man, i appreciate that. ill keep that in mind. speaking of which... PM sent. :wink:

Latest posts

Back