"Chain of Fools" (complete)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "Chain of Fools"

FatBoy said:
Turned out SWEET!Great job,I like your chain tensioner 8)
Some of the best ideas are STOLEN!....Chain tensioner..from Graylock. :roll: :wink: :lol:

That's a cool bike and it looks great! 8) I've been curious about this kind of bikes (and a few other kinds, to be honest... :lol: )for a while. They look really comfortable.

Great job Larry! :D That's definetly different :lol:

Awesome build!

KOTA said:
FatBoy said:
Turned out SWEET!Great job,I like your chain tensioner 8)
Some of the best ideas are STOLEN!....Chain tensioner..from Graylock. :roll: :wink: :lol:
Some saying nice things behind my back ? I thought there was a reason my ears were burning yesterday......or was it the grill :?
I hope you used my non OSHA approved method of cutting the groove in that wheel :wink: if not the other method is ok but bland. My way is indeed more fun with the wheel screaming like a turbine and stopping for no one.
I have many miles on this type of bike with baggy shorts. (the whistling is not from the chain) :roll:
Wicked cool 8) bike KOTA..........hope to ride it soon.

Graylock

The only thing better than "stealing" ideas is having someone else do the WORK. Member Peterbuilt started taking a course for Machinist. Once I told him what I wanted, it suddenly showed up at my door. :lol:

yoothgeye said:
Lose a drive chain and you pull over to fix the problem, lose a steering chain and... :shock:
tbm-avenger-bail-out-exits-parachute.jpg

http://www.lonesentry.com

looks good.
:mrgreen:

DONE! Front brake on. Rear carrier on. Everything adjusted. Took three links out of the chain. changed the "cheap" pedals for alloy ones. Rode it for twenty miles. Did some hills. VERY fast on flat roads (But I won't be going fast)...Steering feels like a Miata. :mrgreen: Thanks for looking!

008-16.jpg

Wow that is nice. Looks like just off the LBS showroom.Im also digin the gunmetal gray paint.

XC204 said:
Wow that is nice. Looks like just off the LBS showroom.Im also digin the gunmetal gray paint.
Thanks!...That's gray primer with flat clear. I've already got a few scratches, primer is easy to touch up. :lol:

Resurrecting this thread, from the dead, after six years. I'm cleaning out and cutting back on everything, all my other builds are gone, and it's time for this bike to go. I've used it a lot, had my fun with it (it's not an easy bike to transport). So I loaded a pile of metal and this in my utility trailer and brought everything to a recycler. He would only take the bike for free if everything that was not metal was removed, otherwise it's $10. As my first post in this thread said, 6 years ago, this bike has some sentimental value to me, the first frame I ever put together (June '05). It still rides great, I never sell anything "wild" that I made. This is the first of the bikes that I built, and it's the last one to go. I couldn't do it! So I took it back home and decide to keep it as.....YARD ART.

Pretty flowers will be surrounding it very shortly.

IMG_2428_zpsj6ggybcj.jpg

Last edited:
Resurrecting this thread, from the dead, after six years. I'm cleaning out and cutting back on everything, all my other builds are gone, and it's time for this bike to go. I've used it a lot, had my fun with it (it's not an easy bike to transport). So I loaded a pile of metal and this in my utility trailer and brought everything to a recycler. He would only take the bike for free if everything that was not metal was removed, otherwise it's $10. As my first post in this thread said, 6 years ago, this bike has some sentimental value to me, the first frame I ever put together (June '05). It still rides great, I never sell anything "wild" that I made. This is the first of the bikes that I built, and it's the last one to go. I couldn't do it! So I took it back home and decide to keep it as.....YARD ART.

Pretty flowers will be surrounding it very shortly.

IMG_2428_zpsj6ggybcj.jpg
This might be the fate of my random motivation build, but for now I'm riding the wheels off it.

Welcome back to RRB Kota!
Glad to hear she's not going to the scrap heap!
Hope life is treating you well man.

I'm glad I kept it too! Now every time I go by it, I'm reminded of some of the best times I've had. I still ride. I just don't build any longer (if you can call what I was doing building:giggle:). I miss this place, still check in occasionally. It's really nice to see the energy that's still here, and the level of skills keeps climbing.

Latest posts

Back