charlie's album thread

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im making this thread to show everybody some of my bikes, and other somewhat interesting things that frequently pop up in my day-to-day travels.
Last Saturday at Brainerd international raceway, my father and I seen quite a few great cars, mostly old mopar's and some Chevy's and fords. but, mostly we stuck to the mopar's. the first car we seen at BIR was this amazing ford GT40 that my dad (seen in the picture) didn't really care for. until he heard it running, then his attitude changed. it was running in the medium 11's high 10's in the quarter mile! :shock:

then while we were out walking the pit's, we came across this great 65 barracuda, done in a custom lavender color. the woman who owned it, said that it was her first car when she had bought it in about 1984

she also gave me a lead to a man just up the road from me who has another '65, in white, that he's looking to sell. I gave him a call, and I hope to own it soon!
here are a few random other cars we seen in the pits, I didn't catch all of the times that they were running in the quarter, but boy were they quick.

and then the awesome nose of a 41 ford with a jacked up flathead v8 hiding under the hood.

my dad said that when he was younger, he owned a z28 identical to this one, only it wasn't "as slow as this one" when it was in the high 11's in the quarter :lol:

gotta love a panther pink cuda 8)

this '68 charger took an even 12 in the quarter

a 53 Studebaker hawk turned outlaw, going against a silver outlaw corvette

then we left the musclecar section (sadly) and came across the mini sprints!

then as per my usual luck, the batteries in my camera died just as we got into the good stuff. AKA, vintage British sports cars :cry:

more interesting things to come in a second post.

ccd

last week, I was given a small 11 1/2 foot plywood boat by my neighbor tom, it had been shot by a .22 and a small hole was present. After some quick bondo application (courtesy of my dad) she was floating like a happy duck!
... a happy duck that hadn't seen the water since 1962....

on Sunday I got my mind set on going fishing. But my dad didn't want to drive me the eight blocks down to the lake with the boat in the back of the truck, he gave me the whole "I don't want to waste 30$ in gas" speech. So I took matters into my own hands, and after many bungee cords and come-along straps, I managed to get the boat onto this contraption.
this had to have been the best idea I've had in a while. And my faithful little puch moped pulled the boat all the way to the lake and back, with a minimal amount of pedal assistance from me

after I got home from fishing, I hopped onto my beast and went for a ride down the little logging trail behind my house, to go down to a little drainage ditch to try to catch myself some leeches for bait. didn't get any leeches, but I got a cool picture out of the ordeal

I bombed around on the trail for an hour or two, then after a few growls of thunder I headed back and did a bit of maintenance on my moped. new carburetor gasket kit came in the mail, woohoo!

and then I dug out all of the parts and pieces for my '48 monark superdeluxe that I'm aiming to try my hand at restoring. But it'll make a great rat for the time being. Here's a couple pics

pile 'o parts on my outdoor workbench

tank insides could be in trouble, battery rot strikes again! :shock:

can anyone decode the serial numbers? I am not all that sure it's a 48, but that seems to be the only year with this style rear reflector and the little rear fender bumper thing.
(sorry for the blurry pic)

model number: 4308
serial number:a0435751

ccd

This past week has been fun,  full of fishing and a few scores.

My plywood boat is a bit too bulky to carry back and forth to and from the lake every day, so I don't frequently use it. Mostly I stick to docks, and that usually is pretty fruitfull
2013-05-30170225.jpg

Here is an interesting shot I took last week, this picture was taken at 9 o'clock on last Tuesday
2013-05-30210042.jpg

This one was taken at 9:30 PM
2013-05-30213120.jpg

Pretty crazy, huh?

Then on last Saturday when my friend heaven and I went fishing on the beach at my little local lake, she noticed something out of place on the shore across from us. A sunken canoe! So, we began fighting our way to the ghost ship. When we got there, we seen this
2013-06-01140623.jpg

The last tag on the canoe, was from 2009! And after some quick bailing courtesy of a random sandcastle mold we found washed up, we were able to paddle our way back to the beach by using a pair of sticks. Here the thing sits, still full of spiders (we purposely sank it again in the shallows to get rid of them)
2013-06-01143136.jpg

After that session of bailing, we ended up paddling around the lake for a good 3 hours. We caught quite a few good sized sunfish, two great black crappies that were 11 and 12 inchss, and a 19 inch largemouth. Heaven caught the crappies and the bass, which we ate when we went back to her house.
Then as I was riding the beast home from heaven's house, I decided to take this picture.
2013-05-31190003.jpg

But suddenly, the darn crank arm fell off!
2013-06-01200010.jpg

I pushed it home the rest of the way, and put the arm back on. But the pinch nut will not stay tightened, so I will probably need to buy a new spindle :(

Yesterday, after I got done with work, I stumbled quie litteraly upon this moped on the side of the road!! :shock:
2013-06-02175930.jpg

Its a 1980 amf/harley davidson. But, she's in rough shape. Wrong back wheel (you can see the size difference), fork is 100% shot, and bars are welded to the fork. But, it runs like a champion and there is no rust in the tank!
After a quick clean up
2013-06-02210536.jpg

I might trade it off on this honda elite 80cc, which I can flip in less than a day for 200$
ResizedImage951369785051816.jpg

That sums up my week so far.

Ccd

Rat Rod said:
Were the threads on the spindle messed up before the crank arm fell off? :shock:
Honestly I have no idea, all I did when I first received the beast was give the crank arms a wiggle to check for tightness. I'm hauling this thing up to the bike shop tomorrow tobeg the use of the bottom bracket tool to remove the bearing cups so I can regrease the threads and bearings.

Latest posts

Back