CHEAP LED LIGHT SOURCE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have bought from Dealextreme before which is like tmart.com. There are pros and cons and this conversation will probably go down the drain fast.

Pros- Cheap

Cons- Variable quality and you are buying from China direct.

That said, I could not be happier with the flashlight, batteries and charger I bought.

like Cman I bought from dealextreme too, and the flashlight I got is amazing. It has 9 modes, and the brightest mode is crazy bright. I use it for my "spotting light" when winter night snowshoeing and climbing. I keep it in my pocket for when I want to see something my headlight isn't illuminating enough. I want to say it is a copy of an existing $90 flashlight, and I only paid $20 for it.

I bought some 4W LED bulbs (MR16) used for track lighting, they run on 12V AC, but I have run them off a Sanyo dynohub for a year now. Less than $10 for 300+ lumens with a decent beam pattern from dealextreme. Couldn't be happier. Both stores have them, I put them in cheap chrome Wal-Mart driving light housings. I did a 12-hour ride with a bunch of guys with high-end Dinottes and such, my lights were just as good as theirs, at a fraction of the cost. I'm not crazy about Chinese products, but man, if you need lights for cheap... :roll:

lights6.jpg

Just received an LED taillight. Only five days in transit. The best three bucks I ever spent. I put tmart.com in my favorites. Also got a digital veneer caliper (stainless steel) for under $8. Came with battery plus a spare. Hey, my Huffy is from China. At least none of this money is going to Arkansas, so I hate myself a little less.

guys, I went to the 99cents only store and saw they has the 2.5" push lights that are led and the had some bicycle red safety lights-not sure if these are LED. but at 2.00 you have a front and a rear.
Just a thought for someone wanting LED lights on the cheap.

Latest posts

Back