Check out this cool 26 inch 10 speed from Sears with hydraulic brakes.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
'ikj.jpg

722ABE72-8A56-45A5-84BC-E975F642A055.jpg

That's neat, sorta similar to these Magura HS77 brakes:
images (1).jpeg

Not quite as elegant as the Magura hydraulic cantilever brakes:
s-l400.jpg

I'll take a set of both, the cantis for the RockRat, and the HS77s for the graveler I haven't built yet. Then we can compare performance!

The bike in the top picture sold for $500. Even if the bike's brakes were broken. That is a lot for a department store bike that is not in working condition.

Any idea on the year it was made? I'll bet it was pretty advanced, they're advertising the hydraulic aspect quite boldly. I'll bet it wasn't cheap when new.
I know the Magura cantis I posted above go for a few hundred dollars, maybe the parts drove up the price.

Any idea on the year it was made? I'll bet it was pretty advanced, they're advertising the hydraulic aspect quite boldly. I'll bet it wasn't cheap when new.
I know the Magura cantis I posted above go for a few hundred dollars, maybe the parts drove up the price.
I think 1973-1976. It sure is a Murray.

It is just really a Murray built Free Spirit with fancy brakes. This blue bike is the same frameset as the green one.
3423883109_d8b38aae45_z.jpg

First time I've seen hydraulic brakes on a road bike. What a rare brake set.

I've seen like two weeks ago a Gravel bike that had hydraulic dusc brakes, operated by a contraption that used lines for moving the pistons (so you could use you're existing brake levers) That was super strange...

I've seen like two weeks ago a Gravel bike that had hydraulic dusc brakes, operated by a contraption that used lines for moving the pistons (so you could use you're existing brake levers) That was super strange...
Pictures?

Pictures?
Didn't take any. :(

maxresdefault.jpg

This is exactly how that thing looked on the one that I repaired. The lines go to this stem mounted contraption, and from there it's a 100% hydraulic system

I just read about it - It's a thing made by Tektro & Giant. In Giant's it's known as Giant Conduct Hydraulic Brakes
290000031_CONDUCT_HYDRAULIC_DISC_BRAKES_POST_MOUNT_ON_BARS.jpg
290000043_CONDUCT_HYDRAULIC_DISC_BRAKES_MASTER_CYCLINDER.jpg

It's almost like a car, since that part above is called the Master Cylinder :21:

I just read about it - It's a thing made by Tektro & Giant. In Giant's it's known as Giant Conduct Hydraulic Brakes
290000031_CONDUCT_HYDRAULIC_DISC_BRAKES_POST_MOUNT_ON_BARS.jpg
290000043_CONDUCT_HYDRAULIC_DISC_BRAKES_MASTER_CYCLINDER.jpg

It's almost like a car, since that part above is called the Master Cylinder :21:
:eek:

Latest posts

Back