Check this Banana bike out!!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is very cool.All be it...not a Schwinn...but
look at the tires.And matching Green seat and Rims

Look at the GREEN Goodyear Grasshopper
tires with Matching Orange stripe.
here's the add for it.

Here we have up for grabs an amazing find! ALL original early 1970's, later 1960's Sears Muscle-Bike or Banada-Seat bike. This has all the killer options! Original paint, with GREEN TIRES!! Tires are super rare Goodyear Grasshoppers with orange stripe that matches the bike paint scheme. Rear tire is the classic dragster fat slick too! Glitter Green metal flake seat..no rips or tears. Speedometer too works and is pretty cool. Rare extra high tapered at the top chrome sissy bar. Not going to see a bike this style in this nice of shape! This bike was rarely ridden. Perfect for display or ride on sunny days! Only will be sold to a good home that wil respect this vintage cycle.

I think I'm going tomorrow to spend some Money!!

Orangebike.jpg

Orangebike2.jpg

I don't need another Banana bike..but how cool is this!
peace,
Kev.

but how cool is this!

VERY COOL! In an eyeball searing, technicolor sort of way :mrgreen:

Is that a local find? Seems to be a lot of cool old stuff hiding in BC.

I may need to do a bit of looking around on my next trip over the mountains...

-Mp

East Van...

I can get it for about $300.00

now that's fair for a single speed with the Wheel / tire / Grip / Seat / Frame color matching combo.All stock.

I have never seen Green Grasshopper
tires before.Am I out to lunch,or are they ultra Rare!

Those tires do seem pretty cool...orange stripe too!

I would think that if that bike was all original and was in as good or better shape than what the photo shows then it's probably worth the $300 plus.

Don't know much about Sears bikes though.

This one just came up for sale on the local CraigsList:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/bik/256577647.html

Generally speaking, you want as original and complete as possible when dealing with a non-Schwinn musclebike. The parts network just isn't there. Now there are a few exceptions ie: Raleigh Choppers, Murray Eliminator, but for the most part, you're on your own with the less common brands.

This by no means makes them any less cool or fun to own, just harder to resto. And from what I've seen around the net, some of the funky rare stuff goes for big $$$ when it changes hands.

Am I out to lunch,or are they ultra Rare!

Any bike that old and that original is rare and getting more so all the time.

Post some close up's for us if you grab it Clothespin :D

-Mp

cool bike but something tells me the seat and grips are not original. they look too new. the tires are very cool and are very rare as said. make sure they are in good condition and take a look at that seat and grips iduno maybe it is just me but they look out of place. the frame and sprocket also look a lot like the ones used on the huffy cheater slick but i know that there was a lot of outsourcing done among the other brands.

Aint it funny how life works..I want this bike but don't have the loot.
Then the phone rings 10 minutes ago
and a guy buys an old Phillips I have
"sight unseen" and 2 more raleighs" sight unseen"

and what do you know..it's exactly the amount I need
for this one.

That must be that good Karma comin back!

I'll post pic's once I get it home,
peace,
Kev.

Hmmmmmm

I looked at the pic for a good long time and I am with Multipass on this one. I think this is cobbled together from parts. Here is what I see wrong - at least from how it originally came. THe goose neck is wrong - looks like a ten speed unit from the 80's. Seat looks to be a repop, though probably a good one. THe chainguard, while it might be the correct style, is for a 24" bike. The fit has it sloping up and they only fit on one way. No adjusting them. Rear fender should be a duck tail version unless this bike came from post '73 - maybe '74 at the latest. The tires, while nice do come up every so often and can be found in 20 x 2.125 which makes the wheels POP! Nice to have a matched set though. I am not trying to discourage you, just pointing out a few things about the bike. If it were me I would have to REALLY like the bike to plop down $300. But it's not me. Kev, if you bought it already I hope it is a good rider and you ride the rails off it!! Peace bro.

Joe

Not to mention the bike has the pointed Western Flyer/Murray rear dropouts and a Huffy front sprocket.

No doubt the bike is cobbled together.

wow now that i took a second look at the photo i see what you mean. the tires are very cool and are rare but yea that is not an original bike at all is it? guess thats why when it comes to muscle bikes i stick with schwinn as they are confusing enough sometimes.

well..the bad weather Friday was good.
The guy phoned me and he had trouble making it home from work in the snow to show me the bike.
He said " Another time maybe "

I like the bike..but I don't need a bike I can put together.
I thought it might all be origonal..
and thanks to you guys I have learned it's prolly not.

So,thanks to all of you for the info.
besides..I can use that $300.00 for the RRBBO bike :D :D
it's a blessin I didn't but it!!!
peace..

Latest posts

Back