Checkered Past aka,Tucson Rat Ruler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Checkerboard (brown and black) over the blue portion of the chain guard would be cool. Your 'FTW' could also be For The Win...!

I liked the black rimmed wheels better in the earlier shots. It's not hard to paint a rim already spoked with a hub in it. Check out my thread on MIG-RaT to see how I did it. If you use a 2X Rustoleum spray paint, or the Rust Primer that I used, just a light sanding of the rim will make that paint stick easily. The magenta just doesn't blend with your other color scheme, in my eyes.

That seat is killer! Where did you get that?

I've had that seat for years,dont remember where it came from. I have a raw aluminum 3speed wheel set I'm going to try first before I think about painting the other ones.

20190521_193301.jpg
20190521_192050.jpg
Trying out some fenders and went back to the black wheelsTTACH=full]96177[/ATTACH]
20190521_191952.jpg
20190521_192050.jpg

Yeah, triple tree and front fender don't really see that often. For the rest of the style of the build, I think I like the original fork better.

Thinhing about checker boarding the fenders, might try but the curve of fenders makes it a little tricky.

I know, painted one set of fenders in checkboard a few years back. The goal is to just cut square pieces of masking tape & glue the first line of them next to another, and later put them in their designated places leaving the empty spaces in between.

That tank is killer! I like the way you have the unpainted chrome on the fenders. It almost looks like a chrome accent that you added to a painted fender.

Latest posts

Back