Chicago says hello!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone!

I've got to say that I really love this forum!! I've been looking around for the last few days and everyone has some REALLY amazing bikes!

So, my name is Brandon, and I hail from Chicago. I have yet to get my hands on some vintage steel but I've got a piece of new steel that I've had a blast customizing and making it my own. I ride a '07 Schwinn Madison, it's a fixed gear bike and it's great fun. But you know, there's nothing like going low and slow. This forum has REALLY got me back to my old rat rod obsession I've always had. I am in hot pursuit of frame to build up, there are plenty of bikes here in this fair city. I hope to be able to show you anything that comes my way soon! But for now, here's my daily ride with a before (stock) and some after shots. It's so nice to meet everyone! Thanks for looking. :D

765342128_8e998b86f6_o.jpg

1521414384_a8800c35e1_o.jpg

1521414408_fdb26847b0_o.jpg

Hey,

Nice lookin' bike. What part of Chicago are you from? I'm on the Southside. Good to see another member from Chi-Town on board.

You going to the swap meet in Rosemont this weekend? Should be good.

Qwestrock said:
Hey,

Nice lookin' bike. What part of Chicago are you from? I'm on the Southside. Good to see another member from Chi-Town on board.

You going to the swap meet in Rosemont this weekend? Should be good.

I'm a northsider! :) The swap meet is this Sunday right? I would love to go, in fact if I dont have alot going on, I just may in fact go. I have some other friends that are probably interested in going. I'll keep you posted!

Thanks for all the positive feedback on the bike guys! I really appreciate it. I am apart of a fixed gear forum and for some stupid reason, everyone gets so caught up in themselves and there are alot of sour apples about making your bike "cool" looking. So I feel like I fit in here, where whatever ideas you have, you can try them and people actually appreciate them, not call you some "lame hipster". :?

I know my bike is quite a bit different than alot that are on here in terms of style and vintage (hah, a whole half a year old!), but to me, a bike is a bike, and I am having a ton of fun with it. I just cant WAIT to get my hands on something older. This one is at a good point, so its definitely time for a new project. I will keep you all posted if I get something. :D

One cool thing about the folks here is that we all seem to have an appreciation for anything with wheels.

This can be observed in the level of activity that goes on in our "THE OTHER BIKES" and "THE OTHER TALK" forums.

It's all about having fun. :D

Welcome, the variety of bikes here is great and everyone has they're own flavor on 'em. You might say this is a art gallery! I've got a bike in the basement that may end up like yours, cool bike btw. Oh and I'm originaly from Hammond and now I live in a small town that has suddenly been overun'd with Colt fans! But I'm not the only Bears fan here, theres 2 others....I think.

Latest posts

Back