chip foose bike????

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does anyone know any chip foose designed bicycles? supposedly for the tv show "titus"? found some guy advertising one but doesnt have pictures, nor can i find it using google? im hopefully going to go see if tomorrow.

That was what i remembered it from, but ive been searching for an hour now and cant even find one for sale or talked about in any detail, any idea on what one would be worth in good condition? hes not asking even what its worth and im broke so i wont get unless its under 100.

A little less than a year ago there was a nearly mint Nirve Chip Foose cruiser on Ebay. Very nice looking bike with flames and custom tires with a single red stripe down the center of the tire tread. I almost bid, but for some reason changed my mind. I now wish I would have bought it.

Thanks for the help. Nirve has popped up on some searching but nothing specificly saying thats who made it.
Blacksheep, do you happen to remeber what that one went for?
found another picture of one with cruiser bars on it.
foosebike.jpg

Im not set on buying it, if i do...can i make it mine??? or just leave it left alone to hold its value? i think i should make it mine.

BillyOlds said:
Thanks for the help. Nirve has popped up on some searching but nothing specificly saying thats who made it.
Blacksheep, do you happen to remeber what that one went for?
found another picture of one with cruiser bars on it.
foosebike.jpg

Im not set on buying it, if i do...can i make it mine??? or just leave it left alone to hold its value? i think i should make it mine.

The bike didn't sell after being listed twice and then was not relisted a third time. If it was mine, I'd leave it factory stock. 8)

As a dreamer...its hard to leave things stock but i have a lot on my plate as always and a permanate roller would be good for when i have to put my ride under the knife. The guy bailed on me today but rescheduled for the same time tomorrow wich is 2seconds away from my school and i didnt mind..ill offer even less to start out now lol, the guy seems cool for a CL dealing. I also sold a bmx bike that my landlord said i could have, so thanks landlord for financing this ride. Hopefully ill have it tomorrow afternoon!

i did, it was a bit rougher than id want but its a very cool looking frame with a slight stretch. some jabroni caked on some black paint on the cruiser bars and got over spray all over the bike. pretty fixable. Im going to leave it as my rider. so i can tear my other ride down for paint here soon. I threw some apes on it and aired up the tires, good to go.
85283589.jpg

bdb62391.jpg

b87a23a5.jpg

old bars...couldnt wait to take them off..the grips were as gross as the paint.
cda39c68.jpg

5c62ee37.jpg

haha the chain gaurd has two cracks in it that were nicely "fixxed" with packing tape. im going to fix it with some epoxy on the back side unless anyone has great way to fix plastic chain gaurds?

i also got the original seat, its plastic pan is cracked as well. its pretty bad but everything else is good. i was talking to the guy and he mentioned the original seat, i asked if he had it, he said i didnt want it cause it was broken. I made him give it to me lol.

So the bike was not in the condition i wished it was but not horrible.

its going to to be my daily rider for now so i have been spending sometime tuning it up. took the crank out yesterday and cleaned and packed the bbs. the coaster brake was acting a little weird, so i messed around and got it and the hub rolling alot better. just a much needed tune up. Then decided to wax the frame to try and get a bunch of over spray off(not my over spray!) and see what kind of shine it still has. Now besides scrathes, the bike look 10times better and rides just as nice!
my workshop...dont let my landlord know
eeb29788.jpg

a bit o shine
b21b0e6e.jpg

7c48fdd1.jpg

deorman, i dont want a plastic chaingaurd but it has a matching graphic so i was thinking i might save it. as of now its rolling without one but soon enough ill find one that belongs and the plast one will be in the city dump.

I found Super Clean or Purple Power takes off spray paint but not strong enough to take off factory paint. It'll work well if you soak the bars in it.

Here is the trike rear from my build-off.

Before:
IMG00449-20100609-1839.jpg

After:
IMG00021-20100730-1126.jpg

The after pic I hadn't washed off the residue left by the cleaner, I basically just rubbed it off with a rag and it shined up.

I will be selling a Chip Foose bike that was one of 200 bikes that was given to producers, writers and other staff of the TV sitcom "Titus". The bike was designed by legendary car fabricator Chip Foose. I figured I would check here to see if there is any interest before posting it on Ebay. If anyone may be interested let me know and I can post some pictures.

II have one of these Chip Foose Titus bikes that I'm selling for somebody.He got it from a guy who was a camerman on the show.It the red bike with yellow and orange flames and it has the Titus Tag with it.I live in Los Angeles and this show was filmed right down the street from me.Ive never seen one of these bikes before.I just started doing research on it and the only other ones I see are the black ones.Does anyone know when the red ones were made and what there worth?Thank you

Latest posts

Back