christmas evans/colson

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
picked up an early christmas present for myself :D not really sure about the year but it's an evans/colson sans rims. i know it's not the original chain guard, probably just go without... wondered if anyone else has one like this or has a picture of one... catalog picture maybe??

evans006b.jpg

evans003b.jpg

evans002b.jpg

evans004b.jpg

sweetheart sprocket
evans007b.jpg

Nice!

I've had a few Colson's myself, though a bit older, and they are rock solid bikes. Built like tanks.

I'd say that one was probably on the early side of the Evans takeover, because the two cruiser bars look a lot like those of an early to mid forties Colson blister tank frame. The dropouts are a bit Colson-esque as well, and it has a blade fork and sweetheart a lot like the ones my old Colsons had. It seems to me the later Colsons (under Evans) had less resemblance to the older Colson bikes.

The bikes like this one which have some Colson and some Evans features are some of the coolest, IMO.

well that's about how cold i was trying to get this thing home hahaha it was in a guys yard under a tarp under lots of snow :roll:

Latest posts

Back