Christmas Giveaway Contest! Guess how much scrap metal...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
456 pounds

:banana:
....(also I strip for stems etc)..You just scrap them..o_O:arghh::cry:

I got a chuckle out if this. Pictured a rat rod club with some guy throwing old bike parts on the stage.

:banana:

I am forever hounding for scrap bikes for coaster rear wheels and one piece cranks.(also I strip for stems etc)..You just scrap them..

I've got a bucket full of one piece cranks and another bucket for stems... none of the bikes on the trailer had anything I didn't already have multiple of. There were some straight wheels on there, but all the coasters were 20" junk. Some BMX freewheels, also junky though. Not a single good seat on the trailer. There was 1 good tube in a 20" tire, but the valve core would not release the air or come out, so I left it... it bounced when I threw it off the trailer at the scrap yard.

A few years ago I would have KILLED for what was left on that trailer, now it was just in the way.

Alright guys, I'm going to stop the contest right here, so the last official guess was Randy aka_locojoe.

I will now go upload the picture of my receipt and find the winner.

Alright guys, first off I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who participated.

Secondly, I'd like to tell you that most of you were WAY OFF! haha I think Luke threw everyone off by saying he thought they were way too high, and that guy lifts some heavy metal, so he's pretty believable.

Thirdly, on the way to the scrap yard I set my mental guess at 658, and I was way off too. I was happily surprised the second time across the scale as I read the readout and did the math!

Then I got this:
7a8f9bfd-41c1-43a9-9625-c7c39000178b.jpg

Good Haul! Its crazy to think that you get $200 a ton down there...

Latest posts

Back