Chrome Schwinn Paramount, now with photos!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha! That's what I thought, there's too many people around me with more money than sense. I'm sure the original owner had the original shop to the switch. What's funny is I drove 3-hours each way to buy this bike that was originally purchased 15-minutes from my house. Welcome home bike!

On a side note, which letter do you think that serial number is? Looks like an "L" under an "F"

It's feeling much more like itself, I've cleaned most of the frame but have yet to do the components. It rides like a dream
ukfb.jpg

6tbo.jpg

9xp6.jpg

That is so awesome dude! Glad you got your dream bike, even if it cost a few bucks more than you wanted to spend.

I laughed too when I saw the photos...cruiser bars on a Paramount. That has to be a 1st. :lol:

pkh1974 said:
I saw a guy wheeling a red paramount out of goodwill outlet one day. He had a huge smile on his face. He knew what he had. Probably the only other bike guy in there that day.
When I pick up bikes there I usually get them for $10-$15 depending on how nice and complete they are.
same here i don't pay much more then 15 for a bike unless its really special like an old krATE or the such but i don't wanna spend 700 on a thrift store donation sorry imo not worth it
sean

Danimal said:
That is so awesome dude! Glad you got your dream bike, even if it cost a few bucks more than you wanted to spend.

I laughed too when I saw the photos...cruiser bars on a Paramount. That has to be a 1st. :lol:

:lol: yeah, too much money around here. I can imagine the owner said when buying "what's the most expensive bike you have in the store? Ah, but I'm going to just ride along the beach."

After reading up about what turns clear paint yellow this bike probably spent its entire life in a dark garage.

burrkrayecycles said:
pkh1974 said:
I saw a guy wheeling a red paramount out of goodwill outlet one day. He had a huge smile on his face. He knew what he had. Probably the only other bike guy in there that day.
When I pick up bikes there I usually get them for $10-$15 depending on how nice and complete they are.
same here i don't pay much more then 15 for a bike unless its really special like an old krATE or the such but i don't wanna spend 700 on a thrift store donation sorry imo not worth it
sean

It's worth it if you get it for a good price and before someone else does, no matter what store has it. Would you pass on a $700 Elgin Bluebird if it were at Goodwill or Salvation Army? :p

Machine Age Victim said:
Danimal said:

:lol: yeah, too much money around here. I can imagine the owner said when buying "what's the most expensive bike you have in the store? Ah, but I'm going to just ride along the beach."

After reading up about what turns clear paint yellow this bike probably spent its entire life in a dark garage.

burrkrayecycles said:
pkh1974 said:
sean

It's worth it if you get it for a good price and before someone else does, no matter what store has it. Would you pass on a $700 Elgin Bluebird if it were at Goodwill or Salvation Army? :p
ahh point seen machine age guess i get it now because yes id pay 7oo for a elgin bluebird at a thrift store i therefore retract my previous statement and claim idiocy :oops:

Latest posts

Back