Chrome something, it is on the tip of my tongue, but ...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
When I was coming out of my work place in, downtown, Kansas City, Mo., this chrome babe was right in front of the building, chained up. I have seen this frame style before, but, my pea brain cannot put a finger on it. Should be a no brainer for the brethren here, thought I would post it and see what comes up.

It was a Spaceliner or one of the variants. Tank,fenders, lights, racks, hubcaps, sprocket cover are gone.
different seat, bars, wheels.

the Sears Spaceliner came in red, green or chrome. Mens or womans. Regular fork or springer fork.

The chrome wasn't great so many got pretty rusty.

They sold a lot of them so they aren't all that rare.

Made by AMF. AMF sold their own versions but they used different model names.

Some bikes destined for Sears had a special code in the serial number. Located on the left rear dropout.

It was a Spaceliner or one of the variants. Tank,fenders, lights, racks, hubcaps, sprocket cover are gone.

the Sears Spaceliner came in red, green or chrome. Mens or womans. Regular fork or springer fork.

Some bikes destined for Sears had a special code in the serial number. Located on the left rear dropout.
Thanks for the info!

Next time I see it, I will try to snoop around and find the serial number, just to satisfy my curiosity.

Latest posts

Back