(Class 1) Corvette Stingray aka big boy muscle.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, due to matters beyond my control, I did not get around to building a wheelie bar setup. And I had to do a quick impromptu photo session. The christmas tree picture with my granddaughter Jocey would have been my number 1 photo if it were clearer.

IMG_15851.JPG

IMG_1595.JPG

IMG_15881.JPG

IMG_1593.JPG

IMG_1585.JPG

IMG_1587.JPG

IMG_1586.JPG

You can see the build thread here.
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/in...s-need-muscle-bikes-too-deluxe-back-in.94265/

Last edited:
Thanks Crash! It seems that my step father is doing much better today, although he has numerous health issues at this point. Not to kiss rear or anything, but I consider you a bit of a muscle bike guru! So, I take your comment as a high compliment!
Happy New Year!!

Well said Big Ape! Something about this cruiser sits very well with me!! I almost did wheelie bars on mine too! In the end your end result is awesome! ! !

Schwinn him self couldn't have come up with a better bike. Very nice job :41:

Lot's of pumped up muscle in this one! Have liked it from the start, good job wrapping it up even with the extenuating circumstances. Well done!

Sometimes the proportions of big boy muscle bikes don't flow well, but you pulled this one off very nicely! The seat and sissy bar placement are the key I think. Great lines and proportions and I love the tank and shifter on there.
BRAVO!

Thanks OddJob! I am pretty happy with it......although...Carl has me wondering what a white leather solo saddle would have looked like on it!:39::39:

Sometimes the proportions of big boy muscle bikes don't flow well, but you pulled this one off very nicely! The seat and sissy bar placement are the key I think. Great lines and proportions and I love the tank and shifter on there.
BRAVO!

Thanks buddy! It took me a little while to warm up to the seat post being directly under the tip of the banana seat, but it grows on you.....I think.

What a cool sweet vintage based, adult sized, Muscle Bike. Awesome bike from the start and transformed into a shiny beast. I LOVE IT!!

Building... riding...
Thank again man!!

King Krate! Cool blue hue. Love those fork extensions.

Great job on this one. Love the way it turned out. I was worried about the seat but the way you mounted it was brilliant. Really looks good.

As for the wheelie bar...man that would be a lot of Schwinn to try and wheelie..:D

Ok, ok, ok...I have to agree with Kingfish...:grin:
I usually think "full size" muscle bikes just have a strange look due to the proportions. However, in this case, you nailed it by getting the scale right in every way. :41:

Thanks Clint, I'm glad you like it!

Came out awesome!
I love a tank muscle bike!

Luke.

Thanks Luke, yeah I knew that I wanted to use the tank all along, but it sure required some extra work to figure how to mount the shifter!

Great job on this one. Love the way it turned out. I was worried about the seat but the way you mounted it was brilliant. Really looks good.

As for the wheelie bar...man that would be a lot of Schwinn to try and wheelie..:D

Thanks Chad, the seat did require some redneck engineering! I still would have liked to try out a "whamo type" wheelie bar. Maybe that will go on the build off bike that I didn't finish for BO10.

Latest posts

Back