(Class 1 MBBO#4) Cycledelic - seat fabric lol

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YOU GUYS ROCK! :rockout:
I would think the paint may not stick if the frame is submerged first. But who knows, I've never done it either.
Truth to that...;)
I hope you're going to shoot video as you dip it so we can see it done, that would be pretty cool. looking forward to it.
Filming the dip is a great idea. :13:
Want to watch the dip!!!
I want to see it too! :43:
Can't wait to see this dip business. Really hope you pull it off. You dipping with the fork on it or dipping it separately?
Forks dip separate. :cool:
I brought the corn chips, where is the dip?

Luke.
Soon Obi-wan... :nerd:
Hoping I can build the tank today, it's a time thing, my life is busy busy...

Thanks for all the interest, it just builds my anxiety...o_O
It's only :eek: filming the first attempt at a new procedure for me :confused:

Carl. :crazy:

Alright guys, I promise to get on this ASAP. I've been putting in a lot of work remodeling at my sisters house, so Mom can move in with her and then I'll be moving back to the house I grew up in... got a lot of work to do there. I want to get the old two car garage ready for my combo bike / wood / work shop. I've got some remodeling/updating to do on that house too. There's a place for an indoor shop (guitar wiring and model railroading) and a recording/jam space too! I'm gonna try to open up some walls to create an el shaped living room / kitchen / entertaining area. It's one big mancave and I'm also dreaming of a face lift to give it a bungalow look for the street veiw. And... I'm short on cash long on ideas, I've got stuff to do almost every evening, (band practice tonight) but I PROMISE... dipping soon.

Carl.

FYI... 30 gallons of warm water, 3 cups of Borax. Testors model paints, unthinned. (next time it's Humbrol) Clumped a bit, stuck to the stick I tried to stir it with off camera. Decided to go for it no matter, this is the only day I had to do it. Turned out cool for not knowing what I was doing... Tank dripped a bit thru four layers of tarp! You can hear it on the video. Baled it out as soon as it was over, all good no mess.
Got more planned, a bit of cobweb style paint, and the flashy Color Effex clear to finish.

Merry Christmas to all! Peace and love.
Carl.

Thanks for the vid Carl ! That was cool. Next Spring I want to give this a try on a bike. Can't wait to see the final product....:thumbsup:

Thanks for the vid Carl ! That was cool. Next Spring I want to give this a try on a bike. Can't wait to see the final product....[emoji106]
Make sure you build a tank big enough for the frame to fit easily...
Mine should have been bigger. I'm also using Humbrol paints next time.
Those are the paints I've seen guitar dippers use with the best results.
Nobody had them around here so I went with Testors...

Carl.

Last edited:
What are the dimensions of the tank, would love to do that to a BMX frame
Mine was barely bigger than my frame... next one will be at least 6 inches bigger lengthwise... a 55 gallon drum would do a BMX frame.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back