(Class 1 MBBO#4) Cycledelic - seat fabric lol

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Already thinking of the color combination I want to use! Great job Carl!

Shot just a bit of gold cobwebbing on it and some gloss then started the reassembly... still have some last minute seat fabbing to do. I also still have to fab a bracket for the "top secret"... there have been some hints and slips about the "top secret"... I wonder if anyone has a guess as to what it is?

Carl.

FYI... 30 gallons of warm water, 3 cups of Borax. Testors model paints, unthinned. (next time it's Humbrol) Clumped a bit, stuck to the stick I tried to stir it with off camera. Decided to go for it no matter, this is the only day I had to do it. Turned out cool for not knowing what I was doing... Tank dripped a bit thru four layers of tarp! You can hear it on the video. Baled it out as soon as it was over, all good no mess.
Got more planned, a bit of cobweb style paint, and the flashy Color Effex clear to finish.

Merry Christmas to all! Peace and love.
Carl.

Carl i think this is a first for The sight ?? Paint dip ?am i correct ? Excellent ! I have seen the Hydro Dip but not this . Very innovative for sure .

Carl i think this is a first for The sight ?? Paint dip ?am i correct ? Excellent ! I have seen the Hydro Dip but not this . Very innovative for sure .
I have read most threads on the site, spent weeks going through the archives when I first got here, I don't recall another example!

Luke.

Cool! Dip came out sweet on the bat. You dip a guitar body while you had the tank filled?
Bat was a double dip...
No guitar... no builds goin' right now...
The side view, from a distance makes this thing looks like an apollo/dragstripper hybrid.
Yeah, I was diggin' that when I was testing where I wanted it to sit.
Definitely makes me smile.

Carl.

Last edited:
Punch List
Find vinyl, pad and wrap seat top.
Shoot good pictures, highlighting the details.
Ride video? Maybe. It do ride nice.
Plenty of time...;)

Carl.

That ain't your grandpa's Louisville Slugger.....As far as seat goes, you have a few color options to work with there. :wink1: Maybe something to contrast the green wrap? Looking good!

Digging it.
Great Mad Peter Max vibe going on here.

Latest posts

Back