( Class 1 - MBBO#4) TorRed (68 Typhoon) - Finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it better than I thought I would.

Was thinking of going with the narrow chrome bars, but they are too shiny. That back wheel(S7) is looking like I need to replace it with something I can put a wider tire on it.

Funny how angle of photo shows more red... and reflects more sunrise color...

Building... riding...
Agree on a wide tire for the rear...might help balance that monster fork! You are up-and-at-em' out in the desert this morning...nice work!

Agree on a wide tire for the rear...might help balance that monster fork! You are up-and-at-em' out in the desert this morning...nice work!
Thanks OJ.

Had to start early. Else no time for bikes today, I'm in the middle of pulling a transmission to put a clutch in my son's truck..

Building... riding...

Looks awesome!
Very 1967 Brain History style!

21047406094_38d2b0a7db_z.jpg

Luke.

Love those big forks on there!!!
It's exactly what we would have done as kids if we had them.

Love those big forks on there!!!
It's exactly what we would have done as kids if we had them.
Thanks Kingfish, I took it for a spin around the big block yesterday, to unwind from ford ranger frustrations.

It rides just how those makeshift chopper's rode in the 70s. Except, this is an adult sized version.
Now that reminds me of Easyrider.
It does me, a little as well. It does ride easy, tri enuff. Even without a super stuffed banana, I made it with only minor discomfort on my rear. I will be fitting some high impact under that red...

I was able to pull the front tire off the ground while, 'almost' with ease. The 2 tooth larger back sprocket in this pink cruiser wheel that I just blacked out will make it come off the ground and stay up with ease.... [emoji48] [emoji48] [emoji48]

Has me thinking on wheelie bar to save the hide on my rear...

Building... riding...

When I took and put grease into the bearings, I found those BlackOps long cranks I took off In Violet were about 1/2 longer on each side than the stock cranks. I swapped those on as well.
Looks a bit different with the wheel and the Kenda white-walled flame. Also, easier to pedal.

And a pic with a little Flare. (sun-flared ring)

Maybe the last red rose of the year out back.

Building... riding...

Maybe we should have a separate calendar for our dogs with their favorite bikes...

It was such a busy week, many late nights working doing homework, didn't have much time for working with the bikes.

I did tighten down the sissy and seat and took TorRed out for a spin. About 15 miles, and my rear don't hurt. Pulled a pic along the way.

Forks need a little adjustment. Have a slight pull to the right. Get lots of looks.

Lots of work this coming week. Maybe get back to making a new sissy for TorRed and finishing the Nerfs for InViolet.

Building... riding...

Looking good! 15 miles is a good run!

Luke.
Been working so much, haven't had much time to build. Took it for about 25 today. Needed to burn some energy after being cooped up coding and building a db...
Looks great, the forks are awesome!
Thanks, with the adjustment today they ride awesome now too. Straight down the road without that pull.
nice job--bike is sweet.
I love it more every time I ride it. Not many changes left and this one will be up on the finish wall.

Building... riding...

Latest posts

Back