(CLASS 1) Shelby Flyer Woody

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OddJob

Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
Had a great time with this build and trying out new ideas. The bike rides like a dream. Had a fun photo shoot this afternoon with my son and his girlfriend. The stars of the show were the SF Woody, the Mississippi River, some great brick and cobblestone, and the downtown Minneapolis skyline.
Again, thanks for all the suggestions, kudos, and comments along the way. It's been a great ride!

In case you forgot what it looked like originally, here is the way it started out:

.....and how it looks now:

This is a link to my build thread: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/in...s-from-oddjob-pg-10.94252/page-10#post-954382

Here is a compilation video of my build start to finish. My son on drums and his buddy Charlie on guitar a few years back as a couple of funky 20 yr olds. Enjoy!

A couple of shots from the beach at Carver Lake, just a couple miles from my house. That's what you get when you live in the Land of 10,000 Lakes....a lake in every neighborhood!

....Rat On!

Last edited:
looks awesome man!!! like I said you have combined 2 of my favorite things woody's and Shelby flyer and it looks amazing you definitely got my attention and my vote here I also would not mind sharing you're bike on my custom bike shop's facebook page if that is ok and allowed here it is an amazing bike and show's what a creative mind and skills can accomplish

Well done OJ. :41: not sure what pic I like best. The bricks is cool with the drive side shot,but also like the close up.
I don't think it's possible to get an angle that shows the rear sticker and the tank sticker at the same time, that would be cool.

Make sure you keep this one around for a while, I wanna kick the tires one day. :thumbsup:

looks awesome man!!! like I said you have combined 2 of my favorite things woody's and Shelby flyer and it looks amazing you definitely got my attention and my vote here I also would not mind sharing you're bike on my custom bike shop's facebook page if that is ok and allowed here it is an amazing bike and show's what a creative mind and skills can accomplish
Share away heartlandcruisers! And let me know what the name of your facebook page is for the custom shop and I will check it out. Thanks for the "vote" of confidence!

Well done OJ. :41: not sure what pic I like best. The bricks is cool with the drive side shot,but also like the close up.
I don't think it's possible to get an angle that shows the rear sticker and the tank sticker at the same time, that would be cool.

Make sure you keep this one around for a while, I wanna kick the tires one day. :thumbsup:
Thanks Falstaff! And if kicking the tires means a test ride, by all means! I had a buyer in Florida, but I couldn't let this one go. Too much heart and soul wrapped up in it for me....

Share away heartlandcruisers! And let me know what the name of your facebook page is for the custom shop and I will check it out. Thanks for the "vote" of confidence!
awesome man my facebok page is called heartland cycles custom bicycles if it is allowed I will post the link here if it is against rules I apologize and will remove it
https://www.facebook.com/heartllandcycles

Great job OddJob. Love how you incorporated your woodworking skills into this build. It captures that sixties beach party vibe better than Annette Fumin'-cello.

Dig the vids with the groovy music too.:thumbsup:

Good move to finish early in the north. I shouldn't be too far behind you.

Great job OddJob. Love how you incorporated your woodworking skills into this build. It captures that sixties beach party vibe better than Annette Fumin'-cello.

Dig the vids with the groovy music too.:thumbsup:

Good move to finish early in the north. I shouldn't be too far behind you.
Thanks Chad! Yeah, I tried to build something Annette and Tommy would have been proud to own....Looking forward to your finish!

Awesome :43:

Looks good, glad to see someone else use filler in the normally open frame space.

Last edited:
Got out for a ride to Carver Lake beach today. Little local lake only a couple miles from my house. (that's what happens when you live in the Land of 10,000 Lakes)
Took some pics on this 59 degree November day.....highly unusual, but sweet!

This bike really pulls off the 'Woody' wagon look for me, without being a literal 'over the top' build with things bolted on the try and 'transform' it into a car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Doc! The best medical advice I ever received was, "If it makes you feel good, do it!" Everything about this build came from a good feeling I had about it being what I was really trying to create; that vintage Woody wagon that I always wanted. Albeit, two wheeled....:)

Lookin good in the wood... I mean hood.;)

Latest posts

Back