Classic Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For mounting the tank panel, I made these....

IMG_3281%255B1%255D.JPG

....four total on each side. These are not as "add-on" as the conduit straps and leaves more of the frame visible.

Just one guys approach....

There should be a serial number under the bottom bracket... A letter, followed by a series of numbers, then beside it a large 'C' with a small 'w' inside it with a number. That may give the 'CWC dating experts' more to go on.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I really like the new tank panel mounts. More subtle. This is shaping up to be a sweet looking ride.

Brett, I normally prefer more subtle mounts myself but decided the rubber brackets just give more of a texture and a "home made" feel. I do not want it to be to pretty.
But I can use some votes if my fender idea is any good. The back 1/3rd of the original fender was pretty mangled so bobbed it and for something different covered it in a leather. First time I tried to wrap a compound curve so not perfect. Harder than I thought to keep the seam down the center. And it needs some shaping to get it to look better with that tire but I am not convinced it looks good at all????
Any thoughts from you guys?

Honest opinion......I'm gonna quote Corky Coker here...That's cooler than dangit. Hopefully you can get the seam straight.

:thumbsup: Looking good. The leather wrapped fender is great... and so's that tail light. I'm not too sure on the handlebars, but maybe when you've worked your faux rust wizardry on them...

Glen.

Late to comment but the wheels are totally sweet. Love the nod to auto wheels..... I may steel the idea for mine (if you don't mind). Any chance of a close up shot? What do you have for a rear hub?
Barto

I think it's becoming a unanimous decison.... we all like the leather wrapped fender....what you think about that Floyd Mayweather? LOL. Sorry couldn't resist

A little more mocking up today before heading out on a job. Had this headlight I was going to use for something else but it fits this build better.
Fabricated a bracket for it from an old reflector bracket so if I can figure out how to wire it with the tail light I think it works. I am going to see if my wife who is a jeweler if she has any glass stones I can put onto the hole on the bracket.

The leather fender is an awesome idea. I am sure you'll be able to work out the wrinkles.
I have never been a fan of bum bars, but those don't look bad on there at all. Maybe if you wrapped part of them in leather strips like bar tape?
Tires look great with the wheels and frame.

A friend of my neighbor told me about the hair drier trick. Was able to remove all but a couple of the wrinkles. What is left are much smaller and what the heck it is a rat.

Latest posts

Back