Classic Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
u9l4a5.gif

Hope this helps.

Although I am still working on it I decided to post an in progress shot of my battery holder.
Feeling like I might want to add a little color to it. Something like the green verde that aged copper gets????
Any thoughts from out in the great cyber world?
Yep! Still sticking with my original suggestion of the mint green, maybe a little touch of a very pale blue or off-white as well....the rust-ina looks awesome!

It is amazing how a single word can set off ideas. Falstaff's use of leaking really helped me.
Here it is as of now. Once it is on the bike might do a little more. Will see.
To quote Keith/Mina Caputo,
"My mind is dangerous"
Looks good, I like it.

Beautiful frame, totally awesome Steampunk style battery holder, coolest plates on rear wheel, but I just know you can find a handlebar that works better. You have captured the essence of rat rodding!!!

Thanks guys.
SD with the end of the competition fast approaching and my schedule the way it is I will probably go the the current bars but keep an eye out for others ones that might work better. All thought in all the time I have been a member here I have yet to see any one else do them but I could be wrong.

I got a little stuck on the electrical but thanks to doerman and Oddjob I figured it out,it is working enough for me and though not supper pretty it goes with the theme. Getting close to finished so here is a few photos were it stands at the moment. I tried wrapping the handlebars in some black cloth tape but once I saw it I did not like the look. Sort of needed a little chrome to balance some of the other silver on it, ie:cranks, seat post etc.
So far:

Tank: Think I will be renaming it TRAVELLER. Each side of the tank has different travel images on it.

Battery holder in place and wired:

Front light:

Rear light:

That battery holder is extremely cool!

I have two observations. First is the saddle. I would love to see you do your leather and rivet treatment to it to match the fender. Second, the tank plate straps look too new in contrast with the rest of the bike. You could easily change that by soaking them and the bolts in vinegar overnight. I hope this is taken in the spirit of friendly suggestions. :)

Thanks RM. The seat is the next step. Just on there to test the spacer I had to make since it is an older frame with a 5/8 solid seat post. I will try to dirty up the mounts. Good idea.

Starting on the seat. First time I have ever tried this so it is a bite of an experiment. Went into the How To section and found some info but only on using a plastic seat pan that one can staple into. Mine is metal so having to figure out how to make sure everything stays attached. Besides the glue ,thinking of a strip of leather across the bottom attached with pop rivets???
Have a piece of this tacky gold vinyl I will be using. Thought of another piece of leather as per RM's suggestion but decided that would be to matching for the concept of the build.
So Far:

Man, I missed the past few updates on this one.
Perfect name for this one. That is on great looking rat!
Love how the tank and pipe bomb turned out!

Latest posts

Back