Clear Out - lights done, so it's done...

Jul 10, 2015
Berlin
www.graedel.de
I finally unearthed my soldering iron and some random electronics stuff:
SAM_4711.JPG

Mainly with these parts I will try to finally get the lights working before the days get shorter and this BO is over...
SAM_4713.JPG

I don't know if the powerbank fits into the little toolbox, but I will find out as soon as the wife is gone for the theatre and I'm able to sneak of into the basement... ;-)

Reactions: RustyGold
Jul 10, 2015
Berlin
www.graedel.de
A power bank as a power source for the lighting? This is a great idea! You just connect plus and minus?
Eggsactly!
The great thing is, it's (almost) the same voltage as it comes from a dynamo, so you can use standard bike lights and bulbs, or as I do replacement leds. And to connect the cabling to the powerbank you just need to strip down a standard USB cable and use the red and black wires in it. Then connect a switch to it and done.
Easy as that... :)

Gesendet von meinem K00Y mit Tapatalk

Reactions: toro1978
Jul 10, 2015
Berlin
www.graedel.de
I got it basically working, but now I have to figure out a way to insulate one of the lights from the frame, or I will short out the complete system, as on one light + is the frame, on the other the frame is —...
But that's something I can try to solve tomorrow or next week, because I have no powerbank yet, that fits into the toolbox. I will need to get a smaller one next week...
SAM_4714.JPG