Coast King Murray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here it is: '85 Murray frame, sanded, gun blued and cleared. Fork, rack, chainguard, and stem from a '63 Coast King Sportster. Lights work, each one runs on 4 AA's, pretty bright, the headlight batteries are in an old tobacco tin. The Stewert Werner speedo is one of my favorites, when I found it, it had 4200 miles on it and it's in great shape. It's got antique green dice for valve caps. The gun bluing has a nice patina look to it, I wasn't worried about making it perfect so it matches the patina of the rest of the bike .

DSCF2755.jpg

DSCF2760.jpg

DSCF8072.jpg

Just finished it today and took it for a little four or five mile ride and love it! It might be old but it rides like a new bike!

DSCF2770.jpg

Not the best picture to show it, but I used some copper tubing and made inserts to get the speedo bracket to fit the Schwinn bars. By the way, copper plumbing is fun to use. I used it here, for the tail light bracket, the strap that holds the coaster brake arm and for some of the smaller bolts.
DSCF2767.jpg

DSCF2765.jpg

Leinie's Limited bottle cap magnet - I wish they'd bring it back more often!
DSCF2762.jpg

DSCF2761.jpg

DSCF2757.jpg

Congrats!

Took the bike for another good ride over the weekend and a little one today and realized that I have to raise the rack up a little. Once the tire was fully inflated it started to rub the battery box a bit.

Gotta have it ready for the SYMCO SHAKEDOWN Aug 10th and 11th in Unionville WI. It's a traditional hot rod show, but there are a lot of people who bring old bikes there as well.

Everything about this bike is *just right*. 8)

Excellent build! :D

Latest posts

Back