Coasters Bikes (non RRB members)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Coasters Bikes

locojoe!

could you tell me more about the bike in the background to the left?

pic024.jpg

is this a custom frame? ,firebike? please tell more :D

FW

Firewalker said:
locojoe!

could you tell me more about the bike in the background to the left?

That is a one off No Name Customs frame. No Name Customs is a guy here in Kansas. His frames were pretty popular in Europe. My understanding is he's not making cruiser or chopper style frames anymore and is focusing on frame building of other types of bikes. MTB or road I can't remember.
Just went to check his website http://www.nonamecustoms.com but it's down.

thanks Locojoe!

shame about the site :? I would really like to get ahold of that frame!!!! (if the price is right) do you know if they are still around? maybe he has that he has not sold yet :D...... or how I can get ahold of the builder?

thanks FW

Firewalker said:
thanks Locojoe!

shame about the site :? I would really like to get ahold of that frame!!!! (if the price is right) do you know if they are still around? maybe he has that he has not sold yet :D...... or how I can get ahold of the builder?

thanks FW

The owner of that bike is a relative of the builder and rides with us on occasion. I'll see what else I can find out. All Ride Style carries(d) them http://www.allridestyle.com/chopper/index.php

As far as the bike pictured... I think it's basically the same geometry as his production bike with the exception of twin top tubes instead of a single top tube. I was told it was made from scrap tubing he had laying around.

Today we displayed our bikes at the Farmers' Market to promote bikes and the upcoming Art Of The Bicycle show. It's great how much attention the bicycles get. A lot of questions are asked and stories are told.
A little history on the red steer from rear tandem in this photo and else where in this thread. Can't remember who made it but it was badged and sold by the Simmons Hardware company here in Wichita. Simmons Hardware produced a line of knives and cutting utensils under the name of Keen Kutter in the early 1900s. The big building in the background is the old Keen Kutter building (barely read it on the tower) and is now a hotel. A few more photos from today here.

pic001.jpg

its like a big circle of bikes and each one outdoes the next in some aspect. must be fun around there :D

CCR said:
its like a big circle of bikes and each one outdoes the next in some aspect. must be fun around there :D
We really do have a great time and a great classic and custom bike community here. It's so neat to be sitting out on the patio at the starting point for our pub pedal and watching to see what new bikes and/or people come rolling in for the first time. Oh and even better is waiting with anticipation on our theme nights to see what Dangratsdan and his sweetheart come rolling up on/as.

king_sting.jpg

king_sting2.jpg

Took this last night. I'll try to get a better photo sometime.

nice goin randy, the shots from the back seat remind of "christine" :lol: like the bikes ridin itself

Latest posts

Back