cold weather

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I know someone posted this topic. But i envy anyone who lives in the south right now. I live in Wisconsin, where come Monday night is suppose to be -4 below. I work in my dads unheated, crud for insulation basement. So its miserable out. How does everyone work on bikes when it's so darn cold out up here in the midwest?

Re: cold weathter

yeah I try not to either, but when you have bicycles on the mind all the time like I do, its hard not too.

...sposed to be back up in upper 20-low 30's by Thursday/Friday...hang in there.

its in the 30's right now, shed is insulated but it still gets cold. I use one of these and it runs about $20 a winter. Kind of wish I would of got a double burner and it would warm up faster but I can't complain.

Mr_Heater_F242100_8000_to_14000_BTU_Single_Tank_Top_Propane_Patio_Heater.jpg

Im in the Chicago burbs. Lucky for me I put in a hanging Reznor heater years ago in my garage. 8) It is still a bit cold in there under 20dg or so cause I dont keep it heated and there is no ceiling in it, just the vented roof.

I just work on them in the living room or out in the hall of our apartment building. Luckily my girlfriend doesn't mind! :D

It's past noon here, and 28 degrees, with ice, sleet and snow expected, so even the south is getting a taste this week! :shock: -Adam

I feel sorry for you guys, the kind of weather you are talking about is just crazy!

Over here in Australia I am having the opposite problem, we have had some days over 110F and today was not so bad at 104F, still could not work on my bikes because the sun will cook you in a matter of minutes, had to wait till the sun was down to work tonight, trying to avoid falling behind on my "Muscle bike build off" bike. My wife came outside and snapped a picture about 10:30pm...

P2088769 by LukeTheJoker, on Flickr

Keep your chins up Guys, give it a few months and I will be wrapped up here with the heater going watching you guys do the big build-off... :roll:

Luke.

Latest posts

Back