Collectible Skateboards?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
IMG_1561.jpg
IMG_1560.jpg IMG_1562.jpg IMG_1563.jpg IMG_1564.jpg IMG_1565.JPG

I bought a bike from a guy recently that said "I'm not a bike guy, I'm a skateboard collector but this looked cool." I tried to get him to give me a few things to look out for (brand, shape, anything?) as I see so many skateboards at the fleamarket but he was resistant.

So I don't have any idea what the buy/don't buy criteria are but I took a $2 bet on this one yesterday which looks to be in pretty nice shape. Did I break even? What should I be looking out for?

Last edited:
Honestly a varflex with plastic trucks is not desirable.

I’ve been skateboarding for 20+ years, And what’s hot to collectors for the most part is early, early stuff. 70s, 80s. Certain brands of truck and wheels can pull big money too. I’ve flipped a few, and gotten lucky. But mostly because I know what I’m looking at.(just from being around it most my life.) I have a buddy that collects independent trucks specifically (he also happens to skate for them) and the earlier the better. You’re dealing with a product that was essentially built to be destroyed. I’d put it in the same vain as early bmx. People want what they had as a kid, or what they wish they had. As time moves, generations of what’s collected moves with it, but early will always be in demand. (See TOC Bikes as an example)

Latest posts

Back