Colson frame for build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acquired this Colson frame for a future build. Is there a serial number chart that's accurate to date this frame?

What year might it be?

3avehata.jpg

yru8y7yj.jpg

yzypyvup.jpg

Thanks

1918 Ranger

Should have a two digit code stamped separate from, but near the serial number. The second digit is supposedly the last digit of the year. I have a 34 that has a similar, but not identical sprocket, but the frame tubes curve differently, they converge more at the back.

If the head badge isn't an integral part of your plans, I'd be interested in it.

Since the head badge is taped on, are you sure it's a Colson? Kind of looks like the silhouette of another badge is behind it. Do the rivet holes line up if they're there?

Here's the serial number.

I was told it was a Colson and they sent this headbadge with it. From what you say it sounds like the C7 and then ser # below that would sound like a Colson. 1937 ??
vapasutu.jpg

1918 Ranger

Trick photography

Kinda cool how I got that toy fire truck placed at the right spot and distance in the pic to show up in the pic; to look like a real Fire Truck.

1918 Ranger

1918 Ranger said:
Trick photography

Kinda cool how I got that toy fire truck placed at the right spot and distance in the pic to show up in the pic; to look like a real Fire Truck.

1918 Ranger
Really?! That looks like a real truck to me! :shock:

Trick photography

1918 Ranger

bike2112 said:
Mine is around that time also. I think you are looking at a 37-41ish.

DSCN5239_zps4aa1163f.jpg

DSCN5249_zps0c0e759f.jpg

Hey thanks for the pic. Validates the sweetheart sprocket. 26" ballooners it looks like too. Thanks

1918 Ranger

Ifeel like I just posted on one of these Colsons, maybe it was on the Cabe. But, for comparison, my swb and lwb Colson frames. The blue one is also a 37, the rusty one is a 39. The top frame tubes were spaced farther apart on the later ones, for the "snap" tank. -Adam
CRIM0001-2.jpg

CRIM0002-2.jpg

Latest posts

Back