Columbia Springer Fork Hardware

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered these on Ebay from thenewgaragesalequeen2011. It's the pivot bolts, nuts, and rocker arms for the Columbia Springer fork all re-manufactured in stainless steel. It's perfect for my Goodyear Marathon project because I was missing some of these parts and even the parts I had were a little bit chewed up.

$_57.JPG

Thanks for the info. I have been mystified as to how this hardware was originally installed at the factory. It looks to me that all of the parts should be free to move.So the nuts would not be tight,and therefore no need for lock washers.The threads on the ends of the bolts were peened over to prevent the nuts from falling off. Is this correct?

Thanks for the info. I have been mystified as to how this hardware was originally installed at the factory.

The shoulder on the bolt is just a little taller than the swingarm is thick. That way the swingarm is free to move when the nut is tightened on the bolt. The bolt is securely fastened to the fork so it won't move. The lock washer is to make sure the nut stays tight. The picture below is a cross section of the hardware installed. Please note that it is not drawn to scale but it does show what tightens onto what.

Cross-Section_zps09d739c0.png

The fit of everything is designed so that the swingarm is free to pivot but there is minimal slack or play.

I hope this helps.

Dave

I have a feeling those bolts would fit a lot of pivot type springers. Thanks for sharing!

Latest posts

Back