Compax Traveler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a serial number on the frame? I'm wondering how old it is, and I've never seen that style folder.

I've made a couple of sets of Kelly-style bars, so maybe you could do something similar?
IMG_2842_zpsr9g8rfsz.jpg

IMG_2846_zpsnrequmsm.jpg

Is there a serial number on the frame? I'm wondering how old it is, and I've never seen that style folder.
The serial number is K100357. My research shows it is a 1946, but the headbadge hole pattern indicate that it is older. Possibly from two different bicycles.

Last edited:
Anyone have ideas, suggestions or foolproof plans to attach a fender to these forks? There isn't a way to fasten it.
fork_zpstfsr6sxf.jpg

Anyone have ideas, suggestions or foolproof plans to attach a fender to these forks? There isn't a way to fasten it.
fork_zpstfsr6sxf.jpg
I ran into the same problem. I used a 1" star nut from a threadless headset and inserted it in the bottom of the steer tube opening (instead of the top like you normally would for use with the the headset). Worked like a charm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran into the same problem. I used a 1" star nut from a threadless headset and inserted it in the bottom of the steer tube opening (instead of the top like you normally would for use with the the headset). Worked like a charm.

I'll have to check into that. Thanks for the tip

Yeah, failing that, you might look into using an expanding bar-end plug with the screw down the center, or if you're more automotively-inclined, an expanding freeze plug.

Sexy fender!

Great solution! Another option would be to weld a nut that is close to the I.D. of the steer tube on the inside to bolt the fender to....

Latest posts

Back