Compax Traveler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is turning out really well,the bluing and brass and that seat.... Bravo :41:

After a long weekend of carefully taking apart the the seat, I was able to strip all the old paint off. I am pleased with the end result.
IMG_0913_zpspi9ykswe.jpg

IMG_0922_zpsdgvabhcj.jpg

IMG_0918_zpsl89v7zwp.jpg

IMG_0919_zpscmg958pq.jpg

IMG_0920_zpsprwatsax.jpg

IMG_0915_zps9nweacmp.jpg
IMG_0921_zps2k0ttagz.jpg
A brave step that had a tremendous result! Nice work!

That saddle is coming along great!

Over the weekend I was able to fabricate a new bracket for my chain guard. The first attempt didn't go so well. The piece that connects to the frame was about 20 degrees off.
It hung lower than it was supposed to, so I had to start over. Same with the piece that holds it together. Compound curves and bends can be a little tricky. After some head scratching and reworking the angles, I finally got it to fit right.
IMG_0983_zpscpkrzwl6.jpg

IMG_0985_zpsklgab3ms.jpg

IMG_0987_zpsce2gfvgb.jpg

IMG_0988_zpspy9zie0f.jpg

IMG_0989_zpshwnvdr99.jpg

IMG_0992_zpsoeecojoc.jpg

IMG_0991_zpsy0dnflxv.jpg

Over the weekend I was able to fabricate a new bracket for my chain guard. The first attempt didn't go so well. The piece that connects to the frame was about 20 degrees off.
It hung lower than it was supposed to, so I had to start over. Same with the piece that holds it together. Compound curves and bends can be a little tricky. After some head scratching and reworking the angles, I finally got it to fit right.

how do you get that brass color efect? or is it real brass?

Latest posts

Back