Competition

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In for fresh paint.
Cant wait.

IMG_1858.jpg

Faux lugs.... Or, "Bilaminate" construction......

The bike is Fillet brazed.....

Also, still a little early in the MTB game for clinbing geometry, this frames geometry resembles that of a prewar Schwinn more than the steeper seat/head tube angles and shorter chain stay bikes that were just around the corner....

Very relaxed angles....

Me too, I think I read somewhere in forum world that it took TR just as long to make a biplane fork as it did a frame. The advent of the Unicrown fork was certainly step towards simplicity.

Two:

Check out the plug in the top of the black fork. Vintage ahead style made for a clamp on stem....

IMG_1865.jpg

I am getting a KHS Montana (pre 1985?) with the same slack geometry but no biplane fork. Going to make it into a 3spd. diamond cruiser.

By 1984 with a few exceptions (early 90's mb1 etc), the biplane had stepped down to the simpler unicrown design on most mtn bikes. One of the things that made the pre 84 Stumpjumpers look so cool:

1983 Stumpy.
IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

cman said:
I am getting a KHS Montana (pre 1985?) with the same slack geometry but no biplane fork. Going to make it into a 3spd. diamond cruiser.
Friend of mine road for KHS, always called his frames, "yawn geometry!" Awesome construction, beautifull frame/forks.

I have a steel KHS soft tail mountain bike. The steering angle is very steep, for quick steering on trails. The steep steering angle makes it tricky in high speed turns (off road). The bike wants to "low side" when the back end steps out in turns. The cornering is OK on pavement, so it would make a good urban cruiser.

Slowly but surely. She's a beeyoot.

Comparison Ritchey BB and a Potts. Ritchey used a retaining clip. Potts used Loctite:

Latest posts

Back