BO15 COMPROM15E

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fits like a glove, well almost lol.
D2F02CBF-D5D9-473B-A4BD-FD82E817FAFB.jpeg

Great transformation going on here.
Normally I would say the fork is from a ladies version if it is too long, but those Higgins beehives have the same steertube length for mens and womens. Your frame just must have a shorter headtube than the cruiser frames.
Love those guards. I don't know if you are going to be able to find a cottered crank that is bent out like you need. Isn't that crank integrated into the chainring?
Cool tank or advert panel idea.

Gotta love bee hive Springer forks !! Looks Rad on that roadster frame.

On this frame I would do the advertising panel straight instead of curved. I think if you sand the stem you would like it better. I love how the tires, the chainguard and the fork go together. Bars are also a good match.
I love the look with that fork. I have the feeling soon there would be a wave of builds made of diamond frames with springers, abrahams, etc.

On the head tube issue, there are 1" I.D. (internal diameter) washers that work great as spacers. Just put them between the top race and the top nut. The chain guard is a keeper! A dog leg one piece crank would work, with a different chain ring , as KF said. What about a narrow bag hung beneath the top tube on the frame? It's got some kind of a feel that is old and antique-y. Just trying to put my finger on that space...
Great vibe going here!

I had the same problem with the chain guard and the crank arm. This chain guard looks killer. So all I did was take the arm off and tighten the pedal down. Then I ground between 1/8 and 3/16 of the back side, and all was good. it did not affect the performance and was hardly noticable.

It won’t even roll:)
I have some 24” midweight tires somewhere, going they are a bit thinner to clear.
Take the scissor jack out of the trunk of your car, shove it in the frame between the chainstays and seatstays run a bolt through the dropouts to maintain that width, and give it a few cranks. That will give you all the clearance you need. I have used this trick many times.

This is one nice build! Awesome chaincover and front fork.

Seeing the more detailed picture of your beautiful fork:

Is that a towing eye? :giggle: ;)

Would be nice to put some headlight there with glass that features the frames colour!

Nice work!

This is all blending together nicely!

Latest posts

Back