CONGRATS TO LARRY HORNSBY

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
His 1928 Shelby was featured in this month's issue of Old Skool Rodz.

osr.jpg

I had a buddy in California call me yesterday and ask me if I knew the forum was mentioned in the magazine again. Since I don't read this one, I didn't know. Walked over to the grocery store across the street from my office today and took the pic. I'm sure the checkout folks thought I was nuts. :21:

View attachment 10444

I had a buddy in California call me yesterday and ask me if I knew the forum was mentioned in the magazine again. Since I don't read this one, I didn't know. Walked over to the grocery store across the street from my office today and took the pic. I'm sure the checkout folks thought I was nuts. :21:

View attachment 10444

Thank you very much I appreciate the mention very much!!

Very cool bike you have there! I love the Motorbike era stuff. Did you figure out a year and mfg on yours?
The consensus was Shelby also. It has a J & R Flyer badge, sold thru J & R Auto Supply stores in the midwest. I've only seen the badge one ONE other bike, an early postwar Monark built that I also own! I bought the gray one mostly because of that, in fact that's the ebay pic! -Adam

Wow that's a great find and research! I have never seen another one either. Ditto on my Shelby I know the year but all the info I could find was on the Lindy's. I have never seen another headbadge like mine either there all newer models!
Great bikes we have here
Enjoy
Larry

I totally agree
There are some amazing bikes out there! Great idea
It would be great to see a national publication on the newstands about what we do

Latest posts

Back