Cool Trike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My wife and I spent the weekend in New York, and this trike was sitting outside our hotel room. I tried to get the owner to sell it to me, but he was content with it rotting out in the elements. Oh well. Thought some of you might appreciate the photos. I have never seen one with car tires on them before. Please post me any cool pics of trikes you may have come across in your travels, or currently have. Would like to see them. :D

Trike001.jpg

Trike002.jpg

Trike003.jpg

Trike004.jpg

Trike005.jpg

Trike006.jpg

Trike007.jpg

Gigs posted this one over on our site. It's a tandem with a trke rearend. The guy who owns it is thinking about losing the basket and adding a rumble seat type set up. I'm also donating a Farmer Jack shopping to the cause so he can make a trailer for it! The guys at Cycle Works use it for a lunch getter.

http://forum1.freakbikenation.com/viewt ... =1237#1237

Chainsaw said:
Gigs posted this one over on our site. It's a tandem with a trke rearend. The guy who owns it is thinking about losing the basket and adding a rumble seat type set up. I'm also donating a Farmer Jack shopping to the cause so he can make a trailer for it! The guys at Cycle Works use it for a lunch getter.

http://forum1.freakbikenation.com/viewt ... =1237#1237

Very nice bike. A Schwinn put to good use. :D

I wanted to do that with my tandem.. Darn it.

IS THAT YOURS?! Jim could we build one of these? :mrgreen:

Wow, three great trikes! All are very cool, but Notrod .... WOW! If hat aint FreakBike material, than nothing is! How's it ride? Can you explain the shock looking things on the front forks. Are they functional or just decoration.
Thanks,
Chainsaw

Chainsaw said:
Wow, three great trikes! All are very cool, but Notrod .... WOW! If hat aint FreakBike material, than nothing is! How's it ride? Can you explain the shock looking things on the front forks. Are they functional or just decoration.
Thanks,
Chainsaw

Thanks!!! It takes a while to get used to,especially when you're turning. It'll bite ya in the calf if you don't move your leg just right.
Most other people have a hard time with it, I built it for myself and being 6'4" it can be quite a stretch for some.
As for the forks...that's my little version of a springer, actually I think it would be considered a reverse springer. It does function to a point when the springs are loosened up but i've never been able to get the tire/rim assembly to not twist when peddlling, so I tighten it up to get rid of some of that twist.

Here's another shot, before I revised it. I originally built it to take my daughter with me but she's getting old enough to motivate herself so I took the kid seat off and adulterated it a bit.

This website was actually my motivation to re-do the trike. I was trying to get it done in time for the photo contest but didn't make it in time.

Hills? What's that? Not even gonna try it!!! Not really into killing myself.

050703Vacation27.jpg

Latest posts

Back